Final Fantasy X-2 Issues - HELP! [SOLVED]
Hi All,

So for a bit of background, I am somewhat a n00b on PCSX2. I've got my settings as follows (as recommended by an online forum)

EE/IOP
EE - Recompiler
IOP - Recompiler
Round Mode - Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode - Normal

VUs
VU0 - microVU Recompiler
VU1 - microVU Recompiler
Round Mode - Chop/Zero
Clamping Mode - Normal

GS
Disable Framelimiting - Unchecked
Base Framerate - 100
Slow Mo - 50
Turbo - 200
Frame Skipping - Disabled
Frames to Draw - 2
Frames to Skip - 2
Use Synchronised MTGS - Unchecked

Speedhacks - Enabled
EE Cyclerate - 1
VU Cycle Stealing - 0
Enable INTC Spin Detection - Checked
Enable Wait Loop Detection - Checked
Enable Fast CDVD - Unchecked
mVU Flag Hack - Checked
MTVU - Unchecked

Game Fixes - Not Enabled

Right, here is my problem!

For some reason the game runs at the normal speed, however the characters move at a ridiculously high speed in comparison to the rest of the game. Annoyingly, unlike FFX, there is a climbing and jumping element in this game which this causes issues with. When jumping off a ledge the character flies to the end of the map, and for some reason when trying to climb certain ledges they sort of get up then jump off instantly, and there doesn't seem to be a way around this. 

The rest of the game moves at normal speed as the game does on the PS2 console, but the playable characters and NPCs seem to move at a ridiculous rate. 

I've tried reducing the framerate however it does the exact same just at a lower speed. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

Sounds like a cheat to me, do you have cheats enabled in the system menu?

You will have to reload the game normally if you did have it on, savestates (and possibly memory cards) might remember the cheat.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-09-2016, 05:31 PM)refraction Wrote: Sounds like a cheat to me, do you have cheats enabled in the system menu?

You will have to reload the game normally if you did have it on, savestates (and possibly memory cards) might remember the cheat.

Hi refraciton,

I have multiple cheats enabled. What I've enjoyed doing on PCSX2 so far is putting cheats into classics that I used to play to give me a different way of playing them compared to on the console. 

Are you saying that I should disable cheats as and when I need to be able to overcome obstacles like this in the game? 

Thanks!
Disable the cheats one by one and you should be able to tell which cheat is causing the issue and you can keep the others turned on.
(12-09-2016, 05:40 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Disable the cheats one by one and you should be able to tell which cheat is causing the issue and you can keep the others turned on.

Hi FlatOut,

I have unchecked "Enable Cheats" and rebooted the game from the last save point. The issues are still occurring so I'm not sure if it is a cheat issue. Unless I'm missing something there at all  Sad . Though despite this I have tested one of my cheats that I had enabled (have 99 of all items) and the number didn't decrease when I used an item so I'm led to believe that unchecking "Enable Cheats" has done absolutely sod all! So I should go through the pnach and delete them all or...?

Thanks!
Did you use a save state after rebooting(as those will still have the cheats loaded) or do you still have widescreen cheats enabled?
What I've done is copied and pasted all the cheats from the pnach file into a normal txt document and deleted the pnach. This seems to have resolved the issue! Thanks for bringing this all to my attentions as I was spending forever playing about with emulation trying to identify the problem! I'm utilising a lot of cheats for this game so rather than go through one by one to identify the issue, I'll just stick to this method in future if it's ever a problem again!

Thanks for all the help!
i play this game in the remaster hd of steam,is more better.