Final Fantasy X-2 ideal overall config

I just learned of pcsx2. I love the idea and am currently testing it out.

What are the ideal settings for final fantasy X-2? I average 15-18 fps during fmvs and about 27 during a battle. All settings are currently default except the EE cycle and the VU cycle settings
. they are at level 2 as it gives a slight performance increase.

Machine Specs:
Amd A6-3400m 1.3ghz-2.3ghz
Amd Radeon 6520g
4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram

It IS a laptop

Sponsored links

Set the clamp modes on the EE and VU tabs to "none".

Set the 3 recommended speedhacks on, put the EE slider to halfway or max.

If you need to use the VU cycle stealer then I recommend only using it 1 notch.

If all above still do not achieve full fps then you may have to decrease internal resolution.

These settings will increase speed but may present the odd issue. Such as the clamp modes being on none on FFX-2 seems to rarely cause a hang in battle. This doesn't happen in FFX however.
<REDACTED>
It's a quad core CPU so you might get a small FPS increase with the latest SVN with the MTVU hack on.
(07-14-2012, 12:13 AM)Trotterwatch Wrote: It's a quad core CPU so you might get a small FPS increase with the latest SVN with the MTVU hack on.

Ah theres another bonus =P. I know very little about AMD/ATI.
<REDACTED>
im afraid even with MTVU, a 2.3Ghz processor is going to struggle in this game
(07-14-2012, 05:34 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: im afraid even with MTVU, a 2.3Ghz processor is going to struggle in this game

If it was Intel I would say certainly not true, but for AMD I have no idea.
<REDACTED>
No it is not 2.3 Ghz. The 3400M is clocked at 1.4 Ghz. Mellow

There is no "ideal config" for such CPU I'm afraid.
yes, have read the cpu's tech data, 2.3ghz only for a single core boost. unfortunately, not enough for pcsx2
(07-14-2012, 05:04 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: yes, have read the cpu's tech data, 2.3ghz only for a single core boost. unfortunately, not enough for pcsx2

This CPU will turbo core up to the 2.3. i have the AMD Overdrive set to max which puts it around 1.8ghz. then it will automatically oc to the 2.3 on all cores. and Yup, read all the specx i could find for this cpu Smile

BTW thx fezzer for the settings info, gonna try it out now.
no, it only turbo's to 2.3 when the second core is in the C6 state