Final Fantasy X-2 slow emulation
Good day/ evening to y'all.
I am trying to play FFX-2 but the game plays slowly, is there a way to fix this?
My specs are here
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product...ifications
Thank you all in advance
:>

Sponsored links

Cpu speed is a bit low and the gpu isn't great. Run with recommended speed hacks and keep it at native resolution. Although I'm not sure if it will run at full speed.

FFX-2 is harder to run than FFX.

Hope you can get some playable speeds Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
get a decent PC and it should be ok.
your CPU may be enough for gameplay if you use some speedhacks (ee cycle rate to 2 + vu cycle stealing to 1)
But FMVs are extremely demanding and will be slow whatever you do.

make sure you keep native resolution too since your GPu is quite weak.
Anyways, don't expect full speed even if you may reach near playable speeds from time to time.
I'd personnally recommend you to keep playing it on your PS2 until you can afford a better machine, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I was afraid my laptop was too slow for these kind of games. But anyway, how does one apply a "speed hack" ? I want to test it before I give up the whole idea of emulation. (I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to pull it off cause I had a laptop but I wanted to try anyway)
I have donated my PS2 to someone and I don't want to buy a PS2 console just for these two games (FFX, FFX2) because the PS3 alone takes up enough space in my room. Two consoles would be too much. I wish Sony had kept the old habit of backwards compatibility , the only good thing that my PS3 has been used for is playing F.F.6 every autumn/ winter. Other than that it just sits there collecting dust.

Apparently there is going to be a multipack of FFX+ FFX2 released as a "remastered" version for the PS3 this autumn, but seeing as the models look horrendous, I don't want to buy that..
Thankss for your replies
Quote:I have donated my PS2 to someone and I don't want to buy a PS2 console
means you're using pcsx2 illegally.
warned for piracy and closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go