Final Fantasy X FPS help
I've been trying to get FFX working at a good speed for a few days now and I've tried countless combinations in tweaking the emulation settings and plug-ins. My problem is that when I go into battle, the transition screen and the battling itself, both drop in frame rate terribly and lag so much that it is unbearable and takes me forever to finish the fight. I was wondering if anyone had any specific settings they used to fix these problems.

If it helps these are my PC specs
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
6GB RAM
64 bit

And I'm using 0.9.7(r3878) build.

Oh, I was also thinking about buying Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, but I would like to know if it would have these same problems and if I would be able to fix them before I did buy it.

Sponsored links

Whats your GPU?
Have you tried speedhacks?
Make sure you have nothing else running which is using your CPU to any noticable degree.

*Set all speedhacks on as FFX can take it
*Set clamp mode to "None"
*Use SuperVU [Legacy]

*Also try this for general computer speedup: My computer->Properties->Advanced system settings->Advanced Tab->Performance Settings-> Set to "For best performance", also for general speedup unindex your hard drive(s).
<REDACTED>
(11-25-2010, 12:48 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Whats your GPU?
Have you tried speedhacks?
Make sure you have nothing else running which is using your CPU to any noticable degree.

*Set all speedhacks on as FFX can take it
*Set clamp mode to "None"
*Use SuperVU [Legacy]

*Also try this for general computer speedup: My computer->Properties->Advanced system settings->Advanced Tab->Performance Settings-> Set to "For best performance", also for general speedup unindex your hard drive(s).

Thanks. Just tried that stuff out. Battling is noticeably quicker but not as fast as I think it could be.
Also I'm a computer noob and I'm not sure what GPU means or how to unindex harddrives.
GPU is graphics/video card.
To unindex hard drive(s) just on My Computer right click hard drives and click properties, then the ticked box next to "Index my hard drive for faster searching, UNCHECK that as yes faster searching but slower running/loading.
<REDACTED>