Final Fantasy X-International Cheats
I've already done a search of these forums and browsed through Google for far too long so I'm going to go ahead and post my query here.
I'm trying to use some cheats with FFX-Int, however I can't seem to get them to do anything so I'm hoping someone here can hold my hand and walk me through what I've done incorrectly.
The basics:
-File name: BB3D833A.pnach
-Contents:
gametitle=Final Fantasy X
comment=s^

// master code
patch=1,EE,F011B9EC,word,0000000E

// infinite sphere level
patch=1,EE,D01BE6CC,word,00001823

The contents I got from http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/s...php?t=9110 as that was suggested in a previous thread. I'm running version 0.9.7.3113.
Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored links

Don't use master codes with PCSX2. That sphere level code doesn't do anything. Try FFXED.
You can use FFXED, or if you want truly infinite Sphere Levels, try my attached file.

By the way, the codes you tried using are for the Japanese version. That'd be the most likely reason they didn't work. His list also looks kinda iffy anyway though. Haha.

Attached Files
.pnach   BB3D833A.pnach (Size: 423 bytes / Downloads: 2.127)
Final Fantasy X Cheats Patch
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi @ 4.0GHz, 2x SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
The reason the code doesn't work is because it doesn't do anything. It's just a 16-bit Equal (joker) code, which doesn't modify anything. Also, I don't think joker codes work on PCSX2.
on top of that the max sphere level is 99, you can't go any higher
(07-14-2010, 04:56 PM)Saiki Wrote: on top of that the max sphere level is 99, you can't go any higher

Actually it isn't. The game naturally only let's you achieve 99 S.Lvls, but you can use cheats and reach numbers higher. There's really no point, but it's possible.
Final Fantasy X Cheats Patch
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi @ 4.0GHz, 2x SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Possibly up to 255, but I HIGHLY doubt anything higher
255 is indeed the max for sphere levels.
"patch=1,EE,D01BE6CC,word,00001823" is WELL above 255 (but I can't hexmath without a working hex converter and where I'm at I have no access to one)
It doesn't matter that it is over 255. That code isn't supposed to write a value to memory. What it means is when the value at address 1BE6CC is equal to 2318, then execute the next code. But there is not another code to execute, so it does nothing. On top of that, because he is using "word" mode, PCSX2 will interpret it wrong and try to write the value 2318 to address D01BE6CC or 1BE6CC, which is completely wrong. Using "extended" mode will work if PCSX2 recognizes that kind of code, but the code is still useless by itself.