Final Fantasy X International - Thunder Plains problem
Sad 
Hi. I've been playing FFX-International -Japanese voice version- without problems for the past few days. But today I arrived at Thunder Plains. For some reason, the game randomly crashes during battles here. It crashed once, then I kept playing for 1hour when it crashed again. It's always when a battle starts, the monsters show up and... that's it. The command windows don't pop up, and it stays like that forever.

I was using 1888beta, so I changed to the 096 version. I played for 1hour and a half, when the game crashed. SO it's crashing in both versions.

I'm not using any speed hacks.

I searched the forum and couldn't find an aswer.

I'm using Windows 7 64, my CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, gpu GeForce 9800 GTX+.

Again, I hadn't this problem before, only now that I arrived at Thunder Plains. Other games are running fine, including FFXII.

Any help, I'd really appreciate. Happy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try using the latest Gsdx it might help.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
The latest GSDX aren't appearing in your configuration because you're not using the latest directX. Search for the august 2009 redistribution of directX (google it) and install it so you can use the latest plugins. That's why you get those red null errors in your log.
[Image: 2748844.png]
use the latest beta and install the c++ and direct x and ur gud to go..
don't use speedhack on this game cz from my experience is always hangs the game..
correct me if im wrong....
nway this game is awesome on my lappy spec..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
Thanks for the help! I'll instal the latest direct x. I thought mine was already up to date... ^^''
Hello guys!
I've got the same problem with Final Fantasy X English version (NTSC).
(Random encounter begins, monsters and characters appear, but the battle menu doesn't load and then characters and monsters will stare at each other forever... it's not a freeze, music and animation go on as usual).

Has anyone finally found the solution? Or any thoughts? I'd be very grateful!
DirectX is latest, emulator and plugins are latest, processor is Core i5-750 @ 3.33 GHz.
Well... fixed this issue by using another ISO image - English version (NTSC) with subs translated into Russian by Megera.
Same memcards are working correct for both versions so you can load an FFX save in Thunder Plains on Megera's image, proceed to the next savepoint and switch to the original ISO.
I suppose any ISO with compatible saves would help. For example, translations into other languages.
kNives:
You're free to use patches on your FFX disc as you like.
You mustn't use any other people's images though and recommending
that as a fix isn't welcome either.

I happen to test this area a lot as it indeed triggers an emulation problem.
With the latest PCSX2 beta however, it'll run just fine.
(12-17-2010, 11:16 PM)rama Wrote: kNives:
You're free to use patches on your FFX disc as you like.
Honestly, never dealt with patches, so I'm absolutely incompetent in this question. Gonna fix it!

(12-17-2010, 11:16 PM)rama Wrote: You mustn't use any other people's images though and recommending
that as a fix isn't welcome either.
Sorry, I couldn't imagine that I had been doing something wrong. Now I understand.

(12-17-2010, 11:16 PM)rama Wrote: I happen to test this area a lot as it indeed triggers an emulation problem.
With the latest PCSX2 beta however, it'll run just fine.
As I described in my post, PCSX2 is latest... meaning public beta r3878... and it does hang Sad
this crash was suppose to do with the clamping options..
play with it a bit..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.