Final Fantasy X - International Version
Does Final Fantasy X - International Version run just as well as FFX NTSC U on the latest beta build?

Also to anyone who has the International Version, I heard that the Sphere Grid is dynamic and everyone starts at the same spot and is free to break into different directions. Does this make the game better or worse? It sounds like It could go both ways. I am at the Zanarkand Cloister of Trials and I am thinking about starting over and playing the international version if it runs just as good and is more fun with Sphere Grid changes. Also I'm sure it doesn't but it can't hurt to ask. Can I use my memory card save on International version from US version?

If someone could answer any of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I don't want to change purely because of the Sphere Grid changes. Playing this game again reminded me how much I loved it back when it was originally released and I want to milk it for as much as possible before I stop playing again and it just seems that all Dark Aeons + Penance = more to work towards than just Nemesis.

Sponsored links

If you mean the "International Japanese Version Undub Eng Subs" (or something like that) - then NO. I tried it and there were lots of sound laggings and (in my case), it didn't have english subtitles, only japanese. Can't tell you about the sphere grid, I didn't have the guts to get so far.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.7 GHz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR5 @ 800/1000 MHz
RAM 2x2 GB DDR 3 Dual channel
(02-07-2011, 10:36 PM)Szalooth Wrote: it didn't have english subtitles, only japanese.
In the International version you can choose between english and japanese text when starting new game (the game asks you that question in japanese), and in game's options anytime.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(02-07-2011, 10:48 PM)masterotaku Wrote: In the International version you can choose between english and japanese text when starting new game (the game asks you that question in japanese), and in game's options anytime.

My bet.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.7 GHz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 1 GB DDR5 @ 800/1000 MHz
RAM 2x2 GB DDR 3 Dual channel
Also I'm sure it doesn't but it can't hurt to ask. Can I use my memory card save on International version from US version?

Yes you can. You just need a FFX International save file and the save file you want to convert.

1. Open the FFX International save file in FFXED.
2. Go to the Import menu and select the save file you want to convert.
3. Click "Import Entire Save", then click Done.
4. Go to the Sphere Grid menu and change the Sphere Grid from Original to Standard. Click Done.
5. Save the changes and close FFXED. Now you can play your save file on the International version.
(02-08-2011, 08:03 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: 4. Go to the Sphere Grid menu and change the Sphere Grid from Original to Standard. Click Done.

The bad thing is you will have to start the sphere grid from zero with all characters (they will have their base stats). Well, it's FFXED, you can cheat anyway and activate some (or all) nodes Cool.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(02-08-2011, 10:40 AM)masterotaku Wrote: The bad thing is you will have to start the sphere grid from zero with all characters (they will have their base stats).

You do not have to start over. If you change the Sphere Grid from Original to Standard from the Sphere Grid menu, FFXED will keep the nodes that were already there. So you will have all the nodes that you had in the Original grid plus the extra nodes from the Standard grid.

(02-07-2011, 10:48 PM)masterotaku Wrote: In the International version you can choose between english and japanese text when starting new game (the game asks you that question in japanese), and in game's options anytime.

Hi there, I have the FFX International undub. Are you able to explain the options (the one's in Japanese) upon starting a new game?

There are 3 screens
- Option 1: I have no idea..
- Option 2: I think is asking YES or NO because if you select the wrong one it takes you back to Option 1
- Option 3: I think this one is regarding subtitles?
System Specs: Phenom II X6 2.8ghz 6 core, 4gb 2133mhz Ram, Radeon HD 5850, Sound Blaster X-FI, Windows 7 X64
It would help if you make your own thread about your issue, you're necro-ing a post that's more then half a year old. Smile