Final Fantasy X Issues
Hey guys I'm having some trouble getting my FFX to work. I did alot of the things you guys said to do I even used someone elses setting for my .ini folder and every time I try to play I finnaly get to where I can move and my tidus moves as if he's in slow motion. It's really bothersome. And I never could get my sound to work at all. Any solutions? I have the new beta and all the new plugins.

Sponsored links

(02-03-2010, 12:04 AM)TinyPanda Wrote: Hey guys I'm having some trouble getting my FFX to work. I did alot of the things you guys said to do I even used someone elses setting for my .ini folder and every time I try to play I finnaly get to where I can move and my tidus moves as if he's in slow motion. It's really bothersome. And I never could get my sound to work at all. Any solutions? I have the new beta and all the new plugins.

what are your pc specs? cause if tidus moves slow its low fps
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I have an Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT, and an AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-core Processor. Not to sure what else you would need.
Yea and I do believe it has something to do with my FPS. Although I run newer games such as WoW or CoD on highest settings. So not sure why I even though I put all my setting to low I can't get ffx to run just normal lol.
(02-03-2010, 12:38 AM)TinyPanda Wrote: I have an Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT, and an AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-core Processor. Not to sure what else you would need.
Yea and I do believe it has something to do with my FPS. Although I run newer games such as WoW or CoD on highest settings. So not sure why I even though I put all my setting to low I can't get ffx to run just normal lol.

pc games have nothing to do with emulation and pcsx2 having crysis on maximum doesnt help Tongue
well are u using d3d10 hardware? have u tried using native resolution? olso dont use vsync it lowers the fps in some cases. have u enabled any speedhacks? try one every time and look if it gives u more fps if yes disable it and test an other. when u find what speedhacks and at what level they give u more fps enable them all together and look how they work (maybe they cant work all together very good and u might have to disable one) also try going to advanced settings and put BOTH CLAMP modes to NONE. this is suposed to give more fps but it may makes yours game not work very good (test it)
also in main configure screen have u chosen the GSdx that is the best for your cpu? (u can see what modes your cpu supports in the black window that runs with the emulator) put the best u see it can support.
edit: i hope u are using r1888 beta also its the fastest till now
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Umm iako do you happen to have like a mic and a program such as skype or ventrilo it might be easier if I was able to chat with you in real time. Also I'm using d3d9 hardware. As I'm using XP. And yes I did try using different GSdx's the only one that worked for me at all was sse2. And I am completely unsure of how to alter speed hacks or what clamp mode is. I did do as much reading as I could find but I'm unable to connect to the main PCSX2 website it just kickes me to google.
Yes I am using r1888.
(02-03-2010, 12:54 AM)TinyPanda Wrote: Umm iako do you happen to have like a mic and a program such as skype or ventrilo it might be easier if I was able to chat with you in real time. Also I'm using d3d9 hardware. As I'm using XP. And yes I did try using different GSdx's the only one that worked for me at all was sse2. And I am completely unsure of how to alter speed hacks or what clamp mode is. I did do as much reading as I could find but I'm unable to connect to the main PCSX2 website it just kickes me to google.
Yes I am using r1888.

my msn its on my profile feel free to add me
Since this seems to be a general FFX issues topic, I would like to post here as well. My game runs at a constant 60 FPS even during FMVs, but the moment I try to enter the Party Menu, the FPS literally drops to 10-20. I tried switching to Software mode as well, but nothing seems to help for it. What could be causing this? It makes no sense that the FPS just drops to 10-20 when entering a simple menu.

PCSX2 Config:
Version: PCSX2 r1888
Video Plugin: GSDX1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41)
Resolution: Windowed @ 1280x720
Render: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
D3D Internal Res: 1680x1050
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Texture Filter: ON
Sound Plugin: SPU2-X r2393 1.3.0

PC Specs:
CPU: i7 920 D0-Stepping @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 6GB OCZ DDR3 @ 1500MHz
Graphics: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850
You probably have allow 8 bit textures enabled in GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-03-2010, 01:12 AM)Bositman Wrote: You probably have allow 8 bit textures enabled in GSdx

Hmm yeah that was enabled, because some other games have issues with this function turned off. (Star Ocean 3 for example, you won't see the legs of characters correctly for some reason). I'll try with the function disabled and see if it helps.

[edit]
That seems to have done the trick. I'll just have to turn it back on whenever I deal with a game that needs this function.
I also have trouble with FFX but i'm putting it down to me being very inexperienced with PCSX2. Whenever i try to run FFX through 'Linuz iso' the iso file appears to read fine but when it is done it takes me into the beggining menu ( with the browser and configuration ) rather than running the game. What am i doing wrong? From what i understand i am using the best version of PCSX2 and all the best plugins that i can use. Any suggestions?