Final Fantasy X Issues
You're using execute.

go to File --> Run ISO Image (Or CD/DVD if you're using that, I'd recommend you burn it as an ISO image if you are, though)

Sponsored links

(02-03-2010, 06:52 AM)Pandemikk Wrote: You're using execute.

go to File --> Run ISO Image (Or CD/DVD if you're using that, I'd recommend you burn it as an ISO image if you are, though)

I'm pressing 'File' -> 'Run CD/DVD'

Do i need any plugins other than the ones that are included? I thought it might be an error with the ISO so i tried to use my Kingdom Hearts 2 ISO and that did not work either.

EDIT: i tried using 'execute' and that took me to the startup menu in a couple of seconds. When using 'Run CD/DVD' it takes almost 5 minutes to run the unpacking for the ISO files but it still just takes me to that default PS2 startup menu.
Are you running from an actual ISO image or from a DVD? If you are running an actual ISO image, do you have it mounted with any other external program?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-03-2010, 10:47 AM)Bositman Wrote: Are you running from an actual ISO image or from a DVD? If you are running an actual ISO image, do you have it mounted with any other external program?

I am running it from a DVD. I just went into the files on the dvd and selected the ISO file. should i move it from the dvd before i attempt to run it? i am not anything from the dvd drive itself (like using 'Gigaherz's CDVD plugin') because Gigaherz's plugin does not detect anything in my disc drive or in the virtual drive of 'DAEMON tools'.
That is NOT an iso image of your disc, that is just a file with the iso extension. You need to use a DVD reading plugin like Gigaherz CDVD or PEOps CDVD. You just need to configure Gigaherz CDVD to the drive letter of your dvdrom, it will handle the rest.
I'm really starting to think i'm making some really stupid errors. When i 'Run CD/DVD' using Gigaherz it comes up with an error message: "Error opening CDVD plugin"
I guess you set it in one of the virtual dvd drive letters and not your actual dvd rom with the disc...
I can help it's really because of his specs because i had the same computer specs last year and tried to play FFX and yeah it was like 2fps -10fps its really slow. soo he really just needs to upgrade his comp like mine
(02-03-2010, 12:40 PM)ervinelim Wrote: I can help it's really because of his specs because i had the same computer specs last year and tried to play FFX and yeah it was like 2fps -10fps its really slow. soo he really just needs to upgrade his comp like mine

Did you even read what we're talking about or are you just stupid? He can't even RUN the game, no mention of speed and stuff.
Okay you can trust me that i am running it in the correct drive. I suppose that means there's not much else you can help me with but thanks heaps, you've cleared up a lot. from here i'll try using the iso file properly and try to get another CDVD plugin. Once again, thanks =]
and i think my comp can handle it at least somewhat.