Final Fantasy X Low Framerate
So, the last few weeks, I have been playing FFX fine with 60 fps. Lately, when I use save states, sometimes my framerate will consistently be below the norm... Where I usually get 300 frames (uncapped) I get like 200 now, and where I usually got like 500-600 (intro screens), I get like 250 now...

I have tried messing around with the GS video settings and clamping and such but it doesn't help much. It seems like it may go away when I restart my computer maybe?

Any help is appreciated gratefully!
Specs:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM

Sponsored links

Does it even matter? Anything at 60 is fine. If you're uncapping it as a fast forward, I'd say a 3x speedup is more than enough.
(03-07-2013, 10:18 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Does it even matter? Anything at 60 is fine. If you're uncapping it as a fast forward, I'd say a 3x speedup is more than enough.

Of course it matters, he's playing the gauges not the game Smile

In time, to the OP: maybe is something your computer eat at dinner... could be infected.

PS: Since I removed the FPS overlay from Game Booster while playing my games they never ran so fine with nothing I could feel was "wrong" with the pace.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-07-2013, 01:21 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Of course it matters, he's playing the gauges not the game Smile

In time, to the OP: maybe is something your computer eat at dinner... could be infected.

PS: Since I removed the FPS overlay from Game Booster while playing my games they never ran so fine with nothing I could feel was "wrong" with the pace.

For most PCSX2 games it's true that having more than 60FPS it's enough, but for example I played FFX without frame limiting so having more FPS matters (in FFX battles are turn based so you don't need to have low reaction time, except when you use overdrive moves...).
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
Stop using Save states for starters and use memory card saves. Constant use of save states is well known to mess up a game down the line. Using memory card saves help by flushing out the memory which a save state does not its the opposite they keep things in memory and they can easily lead to issues.
Thanks for all the replies! What the main problem was, is that I was getting like 30 fps at times last night when I was playing, and the fps was dropping when I would do the simplest of things (cast a spell and the casting animation would drop my fps). I would actually lag down in battle sometimes below 60 (like 45-50 at times) without even casting anything when it used to never do that...
I was just getting like 40 fps on the intro video... Now im getting a max of like 60 in-game with nothing going on and I noticed my EE % is at a consistent 100%... Is there something wrong with my game?
are you playing from the disc or iso? it sounds like you are playing from disc..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well, I'm playing from an ISO. I just reinstalled my PCSX2 and its running fine now... I don't know what was wrong with it...
I don't know... all i can think of is your config got screwed up some how. Very weird!! Glad it's sorted anyway Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]