Final Fantasy X Problem
Hey guys !
I just registered in your forums and I'm really happy to know that there is a good community about PCSX2. I started using PCSX2 0.9.6 yesterday and I'm a newbie on this xP

I chose PCSX 0.9.6 instead of PCSX 0.9.7 because it was in beta and because a lot of people on youtube said 0.9.6 was better.

Well, the game I want to play is Final Fantasy X. I have the PS2 disc myself but I got the emulator because I can't bring my Playstation to every place I go, and I can bring my laptop.

So the thing is, I can play the game on PCSX2, but I have to use the original disc, and I want my brother to be able to play too. If i'm using the disc he can't play xP

But anyways, I installed daemon tools to try to resolve the problem. I also downloaded IsoBuster to convert .img files into .iso files, so daemon tools could create the virtual drive. The problem is, after I mount .iso file with daemon tools and start cd/dvd with PCSX2, this appears:

[Image: BIOS38.jpg]

The plugins I use to run Final Fantasy X :

Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controller: Lilypad svn (r2591) 0.10.0
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 ( I have no idea why, but cdvdgigaherz (r2361) 0.8.0 doesn't work )
Dev9: DEV9nulldriver 0.3.0 ( I have no idea what's this for )
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 ( I have no idea what's this for )
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.6.0 ( I have no idea what's this for )

So, any ideas why doesn't work ? If someone of you already played Final Fantasy with this Emulator, I would really appreciate if they said what is the best configuration for running Final Fantasy X. I really love this game. Here are the specifics about my laptop, I consider it a good computer, but it could come handy for you guys to resolve my problem:

Inter® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20
4.00 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Thanks for your help,
Nekromyon

Sponsored links

DONT mount via daemon or any other program this is known to causes issues. There is a plugin called Linuziso so use that and load the iso directly via the program. I would suggest the latest beta though, it is in some cases a little bit slower but its more combatible than older versions. 9.7 also has an internal iso loader which makes it even more easy to use iso files, and playing from an iso is also recommended.

Edit: ImgBurn is a great tool if you want to rip your discs to isos.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I suggest ripping it to an ISO. It runs the game faster than on a disc.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
Um, don't mind my ignorance on this, but what's ripping a disc ?

Isn't just changing the .img file on the cd into a .iso file ?

Quote:There is a plugin called Linuziso so use that and load the iso directly via the program.

Well yeah, I tried doing that, but It doesn't work unfortunately. The game won't run at all Sad

I went to Configuration-> Configure -> Cdvdrom -> Configure -> Select Iso

I selected the iso and I pressed ok, I didn't compress iso, I don't know what's that for. Then I pressed File -> Run CD/DVD. But the PCSX2 stops working and goes down Sad

Check what happens here.

Oh and finally, what's the diference between File->Run cd/dvd or Run->Execute ?

(12-24-2010, 12:54 AM)Nekromyon Wrote: Um, don't mind my ignorance on this, but what's ripping a disc ?

Isn't just changing the .img file on the cd into a .iso file ?

No, that .img file is just a file inside the disc. What you need to do is make an Image file or ISO of your entire disc (which will include that file inside the ISO in the end).

Use ImgBurn as explained before.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Ok failproof step-by-step is called for Laugh.

1. Insert Disc
2. Use Imgburn to create an ISO of the game
3. Use 0.9.7 r3878
4. Select the ISO in Pcsx2(You'll see it easily in 0.9.7)
4.5. (Do any configuring like speedhacks etc)
5. Fast Boot CDVD
6. Play

EDIT: Oh and 0.9.6 is NOT better, it's worse Tongue
<REDACTED>
Ok guys, I did everything you said, but there are still some problems, unfortunately Sad

Well, I uninstalled PCSX2 0.9.6 and installed PCSX2 0.9.7 . I also installed ImgBurn as you guys said.

I opened the ImgBurn and I selected that I wanted to create the image file from folders/files. Well, there I was when suddently heard a funny weird sound of success, it seemed D:

The sound was kind of funny. But anyways, I went to see the .iso file and I also noticed that there was a .mds file with the same name and icon, which I have no idea what it's for Wacko

I opened PCSX2 0.9.7 and I went to Config->Plugin/Bios Selector->CDVD(Linux Iso CDVD 0.9.0 [cdvdiso-r3878])->Configure-> And I selected the .iso that I just created.
I also went to CDVD->Iso Selector-> And Chose the same .iso file.

I tried starting the Emulator with both options (Reboot CDVD (Full) and Reboot CDVD (Fast), since I have no idea what's the diference xP)

With the Reboot CDVD Full, entered in the Playstation Menu and I could see the memory card and the CD, but unfortunately when I pressed on the CD, after like 3seconds it went to the Menu again. I noticed that said Impossible Block Clearing Failure .

With the Reboot CDVD Fast, the screen is always black, and it gives a message saying:

read error in _isoReadBlock.
CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x00000b81

Any ideas ?
Thanks Smile
(12-24-2010, 06:27 AM)Nekromyon Wrote: I opened the ImgBurn and I selected that I wanted to create the image file from folders/files.

Don't?

We've told you, you need to make an ISO/Image of the disc and not the files inside, so the obvious option to select in ImgBurn is "Create image file from disc" and not the files one.
Well, I have done what you said and it works perfectly, I was very impressed by the graphics by the way :o
Only problem is, PCSX2 was running the game with 30fps (at least on the intro move, it was the only thing I saw), but I'll probably check some stuff on speedhacks, maybe I can make it run faster.

The community helped me, so it's my turn to help the community Tongue
I have noticed that there isn't a PCSX2 0.9.7 Translated Guide for Portuguese. There is only one Portuguese guide but it's for 0.9.6 . If you guys want, I can translate it, if you tell me how to do this.

Thanks so much for helping Laugh
Translations for both Brazilian and European Portuguese translations are already taken and being worked on but thx for the offer Tongue2
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-tra...plications