Final Fantasy X Split Second hangs during cutscenes and FMV
(04-19-2013, 09:28 PM)Topken Wrote: Playing from ISO or Disc? Cuase I can understand this happening with the disc

This, it sounds to me like the game is being loaded through a disc. If so, download the program imgburn (it's free, just google it) and make your DVD into an ISO file, then load the ISO file in PCSX2 and that type of skipping should disappear.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

(04-20-2013, 01:43 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Oh my, that's true, my bad, something in this thread is making me thinking awkward Smile Edit: actually was in another thread I seemed totally out... so seems is the day as a whole... or I'm just starting to feel the age Laugh

what is u'r age nosisab? Just asking normally,can u tell? Tongue2
@Topken I'm using my .iso copy of my game. I already tested the same .iso in someone else's (and better) computer. Worked fine there. The problem I guess is some of my laptop's features doesn't fit well with windows 7? FFX fmvs were fine when it was vista.

@nosisab Ken Keleh my EE/IOP and VUs are the default. I tried using "Interpreter" but the performance went down to 5fps.
Software mode of dx3d10 adds a bit of fps(35 fps speed instead of 25 I get using hardware mode, yey) at Bikanel desert (where I'm currently at), It still hiccups at software mode though.

Thanks for taking time on this guys. Maybe I'll just watch the fmvs in youtube...
Try clamping mode to none in Both EE/IOP & Vus In emulation settings.what i'm understanding is u'r cpu or gpu is struggling.is it produce more heat when a fmv starts,if so end extra processes running in task manager.also set extra renderings to 2,3 or 4 as u'r cpu cores in video plugin settings & try with software mode by pressing F9!!
Quote:Try clamping mode to none in Both EE/IOP & Vus In emulation settings.what i'm understanding is u'r cpu or gpu is struggling.is it produce more heat when a fmv starts,if so end extra processes running in task manager.also set extra renderings to 2,3 or 4 as u'r cpu cores in video plugin settings & try with software mode by pressing F9!!

Reducing clamps in this game has been known to make areas of the game hang.

Quote:what is u'r age nosisab? Just asking normally,can u tell?

Just click on the user's name. Some display their age, some don't.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-20-2013, 03:05 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Reducing clamps in this game has been known to make areas of the game hang.

Not a problem, let's say I have been "sex" for a time now...

PS: of sexagenarian Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-20-2013, 03:05 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Reducing clamps in this game has been known to make areas of the game hang.

oh i'm so sorry,i didn't know this game have issues with clamping mode(because i have not this game) & about nosisab age,i'll see in his profile :-)

it's his choice if he want to tell me or not,no problem.i was asking generally :-)

(04-20-2013, 03:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Not a problem, let's say I have been "sex" for a time now...

PS: of sexagenarian Smile

hahaha u're too funny man!!! :-D

Edit-oh u're 60 years old,not bad.the way u helping ppl u're like young man :-)
(04-20-2013, 04:24 PM)Preet Wrote: keep it up man

Was that an insult? xD
<REDACTED>
(04-20-2013, 04:45 PM)Fezzer Wrote: Was that an insult? xD

no man i didn't insult him.i was telling how good he is & he have lot of knowledge also.you know my english is not good.forgive me if i said anything wrong in my any post :-)
Oh nvm I didn't notice you were from India, was just a joke Tongue
<REDACTED>