Final Fantasy X Suddenly Dropped Framerate
Hey guys,

I've been recently emulating FFX for the past 2 weeks and I'm really enjoying it.

I have a pretty decent gaming rig, so it was able to run at 60 fps for the entire time, no fluctuation.

However, once I got to the highland road section of the game, the game started running at 30-45 FPS (even on the opening screen).

Since this, the game has always been running at an unplayable rate, no matter how I try to change it.

I've been monitoring my computer as I do this, and even when it's running at 40FPS, my CPU is only at 50% usage, and my GPU is at 40%.

Here are the different solutions I've tried (Without success)

-Changing Graphics plugin settings to be less intensive.
-Restarting computer.
-I moved save files out of the save folder into a safe place and deleted the ones in the save folder.
-Replacing the save file with ones I found online.
-Re installing PCSX2 (and replacing all user files)
-Using a different GS Plugin (from the available default options)
-Running PCSX2 off of an updated SVN (Whatever that means) by running it from the download I got here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
-Looked at relevant threads to this one and tried suggested solutions from there.

I really want to finish this game, if someone could help me find a solution to this, I would very much appreciate it!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-03-2014, 07:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hardware:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970 slightly overclocked
CPU: Intel i5 4670K 3.4 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600 MHz

Current PCSX2 Version:

Settings:
I use all default settings now, though when I first installed PCSX2 I changed the GS plugin from using DirectX 9 Hardware to DirectX 11 Hardware.

I am trying to play Final Fantasy X from and ISO file.

Thanks again for helping.
What are your gs% and ee% reading during lags? They can be found in the title bar in windowed mode.
(06-03-2014, 07:53 AM)HTTMonado Wrote: Hardware:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970 slightly overclocked
CPU: Intel i5 4670K 3.4 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600 MHz

Current PCSX2 Version:

Settings:
I use all default settings now, though when I first installed PCSX2 I changed the GS plugin from using DirectX 9 Hardware to DirectX 11 Hardware.

I am trying to play Final Fantasy X from and ISO file.

Thanks again for helping.

Open CPU-Z while running PCSX2 and check that your CPU is not speed-stepping, ie check if the frequency stays at 4 Ghz constantly. That build should easily hit 120 FPS on FFX...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-03-2014, 10:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: Open CPU-Z while running PCSX2 and check that your CPU is not speed-stepping, ie check if the frequency stays at 4 Ghz constantly. That build should easily hit 120 FPS on FFX...

!! imo disable speed step should be done by all on desktop. PCSX2 some times likes to run cpu at at half speed. it wasnt the only program that had this issue with this. which why disabled it in first place.

Amd should have setting similar setting to MAX performance for gpu that can be set via profile of the game. I would do this too as I have seen gpu run at half speed or even worse desktop speed in pcsx2 and even other actual pc games.
Alright,

It seems system restore was the solution to the problem.

I guess I'll never know what the problem really was, I can only guess the save corrupted the image, or maybe windows update was being a *****.

Thanks anyways for the help.