Final Fantasy X - Used to run at 100%
I bet your thermal paste dried up leaving a gap between your CPU and heatsink.
Try to boot up and enter into the bios where it show the temp .Leave it like 20 to 30 min.Let us know the temp jump and your fan speed.This way , you are able to check whether it's cause of virus or hardware issue.

Sponsored links

I cleaned up all the fans.. It still has a rly high temperature.. Im going to call someone to see what's wrong..

(04-13-2011, 08:37 PM)ps2fm Wrote: I bet your thermal paste dried up leaving a gap between your CPU and heatsink.
Try to boot up and enter into the bios where it show the temp .Leave it like 20 to 30 min.Let us know the temp jump and your fan speed.This way , you are able to check whether it's cause of virus or hardware issue.

As for that... its about 60º C in the bios... I cant remember more details because i haven't booted up my desktop in a few days..

PS: The weird thing is... my pc doesnt shut down! So i really don't know what's wrong...

EDIT:

Cleaned it up... the pc doesnt even boot up now..
As for the thermal paste..I think you are right
Feel the fan if it's spinning fast enough. Wait! it not booting up really bugs me. Take the heatsink off and clean the remaining thermal paste with coffee filter and some alchohol. It has to be at least 70%. Remember to clean it off the heatsink as well as the CPU. Tissues work fine too but everybody keeps freaking out about it being not lint free. And then put some fresh thermal paste (Like Arctic silver 5 7$) the size of an rice grain and put the heatsink on and while you're using the push pins to seat it. You need at least 17lbs (i think) of force from the other side to seat it correctly. If the fan is dead or too slow get a new one (a few bucks) measure your current one first to get the lenght height (which one is it). If this fails call someone or get a new Heatsink. The coolermaster hyper 212+ works perfect for LGA775 platforms. It's possible your CPU died from overheating. Although it's highly unlikely because whenever a CPU hits a certain temp it downclocks itself and when it hits about 20c above its downclocking temp it will shut itself down to prevent damage. Also what's your Power supply Unit (PSU) and your Motherboard (Mobo)
maybe orchlon is right better check it's CPU fan blades if it's windy otherwise the fan blades could been melted since the recent CPU's overheat..
i suggest getting a new CPU fan...did you made a check-up to the computer servicing??(authorized technician).

i add some similar melting object:
like a crayon can melt near a light blub,while a solid plastic can melt when touched w/ a soldering gun.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
also if you can touch the heatsink while your PC is running and feel if it's hot. If it isn't hot at all the Heatsink isn't making enough contact with the CPU. Due to the bad thermal paste or incorrectly seated Heatsink
Okay i managed to make the temperature lower to 60ºC... When i play something it rises to 80.. something is rly rly wrong..
The room temperature and the airflow of the system can greatly affect the CPU temperature.
Dont put too much thermal paste in the processor, only a little touch is enough. Or maybe some BIOS config that doesnt set the fan to full speed?
Hm im not sure... My bios has the default settings.. Oo
As for the thermal paste.. i didnt put any :o it already had thermal paste.
tuanming is right better show us your room temperature.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel