Final Fantasy X Via Purifico
Hello all,

I remember this problem nearly six years ago, and I am hoping there is a solution for it now.  During the underwater battle with Everae Altana (Via Purifico) it seems before the battle even has a chance to begin the game freezes.  I have enabled speedhacks, tried various debugging methods, and even tried to replace plugins that were "out of date".  I have PSCX.1.0.0 which im sure is well out of date, and the US version of Final fantasy 10.

Is there anything I can do to stop this scene from freezing on me?  The game has worked perfectly up until this point and its so frustrating because I want to beat this game.  Over six years have gone by and I still can't get over this.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am running a very old computer, but the emulator is able to run just fine.  Its only during the scene mentioned above that I am having problems.  Any sololutions are appreciated, even if I have tried them before.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Update pcsx2 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-21-2020, 10:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Update pcsx2 ?
I did that.  I am now using version 1.4.0, and I believe version 1.6.0 was just released last month?  I am wondering if there is a problem with shading.  I am playing around with settings but still cannot get it to work.
1.6 is still in the works, get the latest Git build, I've played through FFX 4 times using PCSX2 and I haven't had a freeze like that yet.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(05-01-2020, 03:18 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: 1.6 is still in the works, get the latest Git build, I've played through FFX 4 times using PCSX2 and I haven't had a freeze like that yet.

Alright thanks.  I'll try this and see if this will solve the freezing issue.  I know my old desktop can handle the emulator, though its very low end.  I have never had a problem with the game until I got to the undead Everae.  Im hoping this build will help.
Okay, so when updating everything it still did not fix the issue. I am starting to believe there is some shading error or some kind of texture that cannot be loaded. In the underwater part if I encounter a random battle OR get to the boss, it will not transition to the battle. Perhaps I can upload a picture of what it looks like, or maybe take a screenshot of my current settings.

Anymore ideas from anyone?
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go