Poll: Will it work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES!
0%
0 0%
NO!
87.50%
7 87.50%
Maybe...
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Final Fantasy X and My Old Laptop- Will it run?
YES, I'VE READ THE STICKY! It didn't help (except for a few parts, but not the whole thing), so sorry for the n00b topic. Closedeyes I want to play Final Fantasy X on PSCX2, will it run on my computer?

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz
CPU Speed: 1.7 GHz
RAM: 1.0 GB
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
Video Card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (Video RAM: 250.7 MB, 3D: Yes, Hardware & TL: No, Pixel Shader Version: 2.0, Vertex Shader Version: 0.0)

Sponsored links

It will run but that's all.
You laptop is weak and on top of that you are using OS that requires more resources(CPU,GPU,RAM)which decreases your chances to get higher speed
(09-09-2012, 10:43 PM)vsub Wrote: It will run but that's all.
You laptop is weak and on top of that you are using OS that requires more resources(CPU,GPU,RAM)which decreases your chances to get higher speed

Hmm... if I had only the game running at full speed (as much as possible), how fast compared to the actual PS2 percentage-wise? Like 50%? That would suck.
from 25 to 50 % with speedhacks.
not better
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I kinda doubt he'll get that much...I have that speed
(09-09-2012, 11:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: from 25 to 50 % with speedhacks.
not better

Crap. >.< Anything I can do that doesn't include buying stuff? Tongue If not, I'll get my dad's laptop specs soon.
There is nothing you can do with that laptop,it's just too weak for pcsx2(even with all possible settings that just increase the speed(without considering how unstable pcsx2 will becomes))
keep playing FFX on your PS2 for now, you won't have to buy anything more Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-09-2012, 11:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: keep playing FFX on your PS2 for now, you won't have to buy anything more Wink

Problem: PS2 broke. T_T Solution: Dad's computer. But sadly, I can't get on there except for 30 min. a day. Oh well. Still waiting to get the specs.

UPDATE: Dad's specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.2 GHz
RAM: 8.2 GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 540M
Actually what's more serious that trying to use PCSX2 on that machine is having a demanding OS running on a weak hardware. Why do you torture that poor device with Windows 7? Sad This device is weaker than my slightly overclocked Android phone XD