Final Fantasy X crash
i made a new image, but same crash again
i also tried many different cpu settings and many configs of the ppl who post their settings.

Sponsored links

That bug should not happen with Playground.Try this:
Delete your whole PCSX2 folder (keep your bios files of course),download the Playground package from our site and extract it.
Then go to this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html
Get the plugin pack and extract it in plugins,get the latest beta (rev 658) and extract it in the root folder.Then run the 658 vtlb exe.
Go to speed hacks and check that everything is off,go to advanced and click default.
Then run the game using the latest GSdx plugin,ZeroSPU2 or PeopS SPu2 and see if it still happens
[Image: newsig.jpg]
hello and thanks for the help bositman
but i have bad news Sad
the game still crashes after ive done all you said
attached is a screen of my settings (if i use the red marked cdvd plugin only bios starts)
[Image: settingspluginsxz9.th.jpg]

if i use Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 the console sais:
vtlb miss : addr 0x3224010, mode 1
when the game crashes. i hope this may help you to find the problem.
i tried some more configs and added the console error message.
any1 got any other idea how to fix this problem?
I just join help needed people with this game, since I really hoped this version would have that bug fixed. And again, I also have played with a big bunch of settings and switching ISO to real DVD and viceversa. The only difference in PG are the no longer blocky FMV's, they look pretty good with this build.

Sorry for not being of help, but if I created a new thread, I'd have been warned for not searching first.

(02-02-2009, 01:24 AM)ZLRK Wrote: Sorry for not being of help, but if I created a new thread, I'd have been warned for not searching first.

dont say that. you are a help because now im sure that the problem isnt my disk or something (its old but in good condition)
Well, any help? I'm still with the doubt...

here's my answer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvo4bz_0OcE
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Hey, after trying different stuff for 2 days I finally won against the look-freeze, at least on my system Wink

Here are my preferences, in case I can help anyone with it:

The general config

Graphics

CPU

Sound

Speed Hacks

Advanced Stuff

Oh and check Enable Patches of course.

Limiting frames to 60 or 65 would be good I think, because the sound in the FMVs tends to jump when faster (also because of 3x cycle). I get 50+ frames outside fights, ~40 in fights (depends on effects of course) and 70+ in the FMVs. Btw, I use Daemon Tools 4.30.1. If you have more questions, ask.

Hope I could help.

EDIT: If you want to limit the fps, either do this BEFORE you make a savestate or play until you reach the first savepoint (only a few minutes). If you make a savestate and try to load it with changed fps settings, the app will crash (at least mine did). Loading a saved game will work though.
strawberry fields forever Blink

Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2ghz
GeForce 9600MGT
4GB RAM DDR2
i love my aspire 6930g Tongue
(02-11-2009, 04:38 PM)pathos Wrote: Oh and check Enable Patches of course.

i always thought, that the patches are not necessary anymore for most games. they are very old and were created when pcsx2 had serious issues with a lot of games. for example, the patch for the german version of ff x skips all the movies and makes the player invulnerable.

i wouldn't recommend to use patches.