Final Fantasy X low fps out of the blue
Hello, I'm north and I'm at a dead end.
I have:
AMD Phenom II x4 940 overclock to 3.3ghz.
AMD ati 5770
8gig of ram ddr2

Been playing FFX with no major issues (about 6 hours of gameplay) until about 1/2 hour ago out of the blue I went from 60fps to 6fps. I just now overclocked my cpu to 3.3 and it went up a little but I have a feeling that isn't the problem. I have researched and looked for solutions but none have prevailed so far.
I think the percentage of the GS is too low to output the fps that I want. But I am new to PCSX2 and I could be way off.
Here is a screen capture of the bar so you can see what I'm talking about.

Cheers,
north.

Sponsored links

install "speecy" and check their CPU or the video card for any suspectable temperatures.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Also, try loading from the memory card, not a savestate.
Your screenshot is of a menu, so maybe this from the Wiki applies:

Quote:Menu FPS

Type: Slowdown
Affected Game Versions: All
Description: Although the rest of the game runs fine, the menu slows down significantly.
Solution: Deactivate the Allow 8-bit Textures option in the settings of GSDX.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-16-2013, 03:23 AM)smartstrike Wrote: install "speecy" and check their CPU or the video card for any suspectable temperatures.
What would speecy specifically help me with?
(12-16-2013, 03:33 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Also, try loading from the memory card, not a savestate.
I do save and load from the memory card.
(12-16-2013, 03:45 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Your screenshot is of a menu, so maybe this from the Wiki applies:
It is the entire game not only the game menu. I will try this though.

*Update* No dice
Could be AMDs Cool and quiet tech kicking in which throttles down the CPU speed so you can try running CPU-z and checking to see what Speed the CPU is running at when you get said slowdowns.
Ok I have fixed it. The EE (EmotionEngine) was tagged in Interpreter which was the cause. I don't know why/how that happened in between transitions. Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it. Also I did download Speecy. Didn't help but man it has the info I need for upgrading a new CPU/GPU so cheers to that.
(12-16-2013, 04:21 AM)northendtrooper Wrote: The EE (EmotionEngine) was tagged in Interpreter which was the cause.

Yep, that would do it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD