Final Fantasy X running extremely slowly on [email protected]?
make sure the frame limiter is off and set pixel shader to 3.0 with dx9
other then that, im guessing a faulty hardware, maybe even in bios.
[Image: 1816969.png]

Sponsored links

(03-14-2009, 10:17 AM)Breadfan Wrote:
Quote:Ah well. If plopping my GTX 280 into his case gives it the same level of performance achieved by mine, I guess that would indicate that an upgrade is in order. At least it looks like 9800GTs are cheap right now.
You would do that to run a PS2 emulator? You could probably buy a PS2 twice over.

While that's true (I initially stongly supported that opinion), there are several advantages not available to regular PS2s.
First and most important : higher resolutions + AA = better graphics. This REALLY makes certain games look completely new. FF12 for example, I don't want to revert back to PS2 and TV after trying it on PCSX. You can also play on your HDTV and enjoy games to the fullest Smile Valkyrie Profile 2, although not yet ideal, looks ways better in high res.
Another advantage is savestates. And even if you don't want to use savestates regular memorycard save times are waaaaay better.
Oh yeah, better loading times in general Smile!
I suggest trying older gsdx plugin - from 0.1.4 to 0.1.8.
You can also try older drivers from time when Geforce 7950 GX 2 was the most powerfull nvidia's card.
Asus M2N-E
Amd Phenom II X4 945 3000 MHz
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB
4 GB Ram
(03-14-2009, 08:42 AM)mird99 Wrote: there shoudnt be anything wrong with your hardware setup. Run a benchmark, like 3dmark06, and compare your results with similair hardware. If your values are off, you will know which part doesnt perform as it should.

Thanks for this suggestion; I think you may be on to something.

I just ran 3dMark06 on the offending machine; it scored a grand total of 4257 3dMarks. Similar machines had results over twice that, like this one, for instance, which got 8806 3dMarks with a pretty much identical setup. It did fine in the CPU benchmarks, but the graphics card appears to be seriously underperforming.

I'm going to check and re-check all the drivers, BIOS settings, etc., but it seems like his 7950GX2 may be failing in this case. Glare
I don't know how much GSDX relies on the GPU but one thing is for certain, the 7950 series as a whole have always been a bit of an anomaly. Graphical corruption in games is common and generally those cards have been poorly supported by Nvidia. The drivers have always been way behind the other 7 and 8 series cards. Also remember that you are essentially using one 7950 512MB GT card since SLI isn't supported by GSDX.

The 7950 is about the equivalent of an 8600GTS both on the SP side and memory bandwidth.
Intel C2D E8400 4.5Ghz|EVGA nForce 680i|BFG Tech 8800GTX 675Mhz\2160Mhz|4GB Team Group PC2-9600 1200Mhz|Creative X-Fi|Vista 64 Bit
Don't mean to hijack this thread, however, I'm kinda running into the same problem as you are. However, for me, I'm assuming it is because of my processor.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 @ 3114 MHZ
VideoCard: eGeforce 8800GT 512MB PCI-e
RAM: 3GB PC5300 DDR2-667 (1GB + 2GB)

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
--Windowed
--Direct3D9 (Hardware)
--Pixel Shader 2.0
--Interlacing None
--16:9
--Native
--NLOOP hack, Logarithmic Z

Speed Hacks
--x3 Cycle Rate
--INTC Sync Hack
--IOP x2 Cycle Rate
--WaitCycles Sync

The FMV's move perfectly, yet, gameplay is what lags anywhere from 20FPS to 35FPS. Any ideas on how I can get this going a little faster? It doesn't bother me TOO much right now to play it at this rate, although, it will annoy me soon enough. Can't buy a new processor at the moment because I am in Iraq right now and won't be back home til June. Thanks for any help!

EDIT::
I've never overclocked a CPU before, but, I tried it just now and it seems to be helping a little more ultimately leading me to believe that my CPU does need to be updated. It's moving at a good enough frame rate with pretty good graphics as well. However, if anyone has other ideas, please, say so.
(03-15-2009, 03:31 PM)x86 Wrote: I don't know how much GSDX relies on the GPU but one thing is for certain, the 7950 series as a whole have always been a bit of an anomaly. Graphical corruption in games is common and generally those cards have been poorly supported by Nvidia. The drivers have always been way behind the other 7 and 8 series cards. Also remember that you are essentially using one 7950 512MB GT card since SLI isn't supported by GSDX.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that the GPU coordination on a 7950GX2 was strictly onboard; i.e., the host system wouldn't even know it was dealing with multiple GPUs.

Either way, it certainly seems that the video card was the problem in this case. I went ahead and tried putting my GTX 280 in my brother's machine, and the performance on PCSX2 immediately jumped up to the levels my machine had been achieving. Ran 3dMark06 again, and got a score of 16,687 this time. Laugh

So, definitely time to replace the graphics card. Still though, I'm kinda curious how PCSX2 can be so badly GPU-bound. 4257 may be a pretty dismal 3dMark06 score for a 7950GX2, but it can still run HL2: Episode 2 at 1680x1050 with max settings at 30-40fps. Surely rendering the output from a PS2 game isn't anywhere near that demanding? Then again, I guess it could just be some aspect of the problem that is particularly exacerbated by the way GSDX does things...

rivera82falcon: If I had to guess, I'd agree that the Pentium 4 CPU is probably the weak point in your machine. Pentium 4s aren't all that great even at the higher clock speeds, and of course it's only a single-core processor.
Well it isn't so much GPU bound but when the gfx card is malfunctioning,it's pretty obvious that the emulator will crawl. A fast graphics card which is malfunctioning is way slower than a slow graphics card which is working normally in most cases Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh well, I mean, I did get SOME improvements from overclocking, however, nothing satisfactory. I'll just wait til I get home and upgrade the CPU then. Thanks!!!

Funny thing though is that on my laptop (Sony VAIO - Intel Celeron Core 2 Duo) works a little better, however, the video card on that is whats killing me from enjoying this. Once I get home, I can play on my PS2 however...it's fun playing on the PC also.