Final Fantasy X settings
I've had the PCSX2 emulator for over a year or so now, and I just started playing FFX for the first time on this emulator. I've been playing for a good 10 hours so far, and while I have been able to fix some of the glitches and crashes, the game has been inconsistent in terms of fps for pretty much the entire time I've been playing.

The game runs fine in areas with pre-rendered backgrounds, and has a pretty good framerate in most of the 3D areas, but it starts to dip when there are larger areas with a lot of entities running around. It also runs well during typical battles, although larger bosses like Sinspawn Gui did drop the fps a little. One annoying thing is that cutscenes are really inconsistent with the rest of the game. While running around in Djose Temple runs fine, just one cutscene in the same area has the game running at 30 fps and the dialogue gets swampy.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I could only get some advice if I posted my PC specs, as messing with the settings hasn't really been doing much.

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon 7550 2.50 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Hybrid SLI GeForce GTS 450
Memory/RAM: 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)

Sponsored links

Your hardware is quite old, but FFX does respond decently to VU cycle stealing. Some things such as the Demi and Fire spell tax the gpu heavily for a couple seconds and therefore there is not much you can do about it. Cutscenes can be demanding at times too. Also try to overclock where you can. My old Athlon cpu could get around 2.8 ghz with a stock of 2.4 ghz.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Are u using iso or dvd ?
If using iso Use directx9 or 11.
Choose native resolution if u can Laugh.speedhacks i suggest u use recommended speedhacks.
If still slow only Vu cycle steal slider to 1 or 2
I haven't changed anything other than setting the VU stealing up to 2 and it's pretty smooth for several hours (hence why I haven't replied in so long Tongue)

Although unrelated, I can't seem to access my memory card when loading. I have been using states, and I seemed to have forgotten to check the auto-eject function, so I guessed my saves were corrupted.

The thing is, after I reloaded the state I made when I found I couldn't load, I was able to go ahead and save into slot one anyway, and it gave no failure message like it did when I was trying to load, so I'm not really sure what to do. I just got locked out of a chest at the end of Bevelle Temple, and I'm not sure if I can go back and grab it a second time. Is there a way to get around the card read failure to load my old save?
I am not sure if you can regain lost save states. I would recommend to prevent corruption by having many game saves from the game itself and many save state files as well since you can have ten save states.
I figured as much. Well, I see it as giving up a miss-able yet easily replaceable weapon in exchange for not losing 20+ hours of play-time.

Anyways, seeing as how fps has been pretty fine so far, I guess this topic is as good as closed now. Sad
No need to miss anything. Use the FFX save editor if needed.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Is the Knight Spear good enough to edit into my save? I'm not really that worried about it if it's just a decent mid-level weapon. I was more worried that it was an item that would lock me out of end-game stuff if I missed it.
u can ask from that thread's author.from the link given u,Thanks !