Final Fantasy X slow fps
Hi there,

I played this about 2 years ago using the same laptop which I have now.

I cannot seem to figure out how to increase the fps speed which is slow; around 25-40 fps.

Windows 7 64 bit

Pentium Dual Core CPU T4400 2.2GHZ

4096MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce G 103M 2268MB

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Sponsored links

The cpu is a bit slow but FFX generally works fine. Enable all the recommended speed hacks and check the speed, if it's still slow try setting the EE Cycle rate and/or VU Cycle Steal.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
How would I enable all of the recommended speed hacks please?

Thanks for your prompt reply Smile
(06-25-2013, 10:13 PM)LegacySothe Wrote: How would I enable all of the recommended speed hacks please?

Thanks for your prompt reply Smile

Oh i dunno, look at the emulation settings perhaps?
Come on people, if you can't navigate the menu bar of an application to see what your options are, you make me wonder how you're capable of using your web browsers in the first place..

Config > Emulation Settings > Speedhacks

Consider yourself educated.
I don't appreciate sarcasm...

When somebody suggests recommended speed hacks there is a suggestion that somebody has recommended certain hacks which may make the game work at a faster pace...

It is people like you who make people feel stupid. Grow up...
Quote:I don't appreciate sarcasm...
I'll PM you if someone finds this statement interesting.
Quote:When somebody suggests recommended speed hacks there is a suggestion that somebody has recommended certain hacks which may make the game work at a faster pace...
...or it simply means you could have had a look at the "speedhacks" tab, and notice some of them have the [recommended] note.
Quote:It is people like you who make people feel stupid. Grow up...
no one said you're stupid or that you should feel stupid. But your laziness won't help us supporting you

grow up ...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I hate to be "that guy"... but he has a point... The people who regular here may have answered this question dozens of times, but this was his first time asking. He didn't ask impolitely, and he was just truly not in the know. It's one thing to snap at someone who's being self entitled or being a jerk... but the guy said his pleases and thank yous better than just about anyone I've ever seen on this forum.

If you don't think you can respond to someone politely, just don't bother and let someone else who has more patience do it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-26-2013, 05:18 PM)Koji Wrote: I hate to be "that guy"... but he has a point... The people who regular here may have answered this question dozens of times, but this was his first time asking. He didn't ask impolitely, and he was just truly not in the know. It's one thing to snap at someone who's being self entitled or being a jerk... but the guy said his pleases and thank yous better than just about anyone I've ever seen on this forum.

If you don't think you can respond to someone politely, just don't bother and let someone else who has more patience do it.

hm you're right.

@OP : All my apologies, I should have been more welcoming.

@Coornio : please keep a frindly tone, especially when it's a user's first post.

Thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ok hello im not sure if im necroing this post or not but i need help with this problem too. i have tried the speedhack thing and it just made it slower, can somebody please help me with this. i want to play final fantasy but i dont want to wait forever and a day when im fighting, or running. please help me