Final Fantasy X unplayable, to slow
Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to get final fantasy x to work smoothly on my computer. I have downloaded PCSX2 SVN r3029. I have all the speed hacks checked, but it still will only run at about 36-40 fps.

I'm under the understanding that a dual core 3.0ghz should be more than enough to run this game a full speed. Am I wrong? or what's going on?

Here are my system specs
Intel Pentium D cpu 3.00ghz
3gb ram
two ati radeon hd 4800 series graphics cards running crossfire (one's a 516 the other is 1gb)

I've a screen shot of my setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I've spent hours already playing with different settings and plugins without getting more frame rates.

Sponsored links

The problem is you have an old dual core.

A "Dual Core" or "Core Duo" are more appropriate. Also, try using an official build. As I understand, SVN usually fix some games, while others that run fine on official builds may be worse.

FFX should run fine on 9.6 and on the latest official beta.

But, hey, you've got great GPUs. Why not get a better processor too. A Core 2 Duo should be fairly affordable. If you got the cash, most Core i3, i5 or i7 would be excellent for PCSX2.
use latest official beta instead of some svn with which you won't get support.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Seems more like a single core to me actually.
[Image: 1454055.png]
My mistake. He spoke as if he had one. I've come to expect some people may mis-label or shorten-up their hardware model to a point of misrepresentation, and sometimes I try to pay more attention to what they say. That, and I've known people that confuse "D" with "Dual Core", anyway.

Either way, the processor is "the problem".

Besides, would you expect that GPU with a single core CPU like that? I really wouldn't. Talk about bottlenecked. No offense, kizad.
Use GSDX 0.1.6 ssse3 march plugin pack. BIG IMPROVMENT. And also Beta 1888 with some speedhacks.I have dual core e2140@1,6 ghz,and run FFX amost all the time with 100 %.Even more.
So I tried it using the Beta 1888, will all the speed hacks turned all the way up. I get a noticeable improvement, but am still only getting around 50 fps which is playable but annoying.

I don't know a lot about computer hardware but i do know I have two Intel Pentium D cpu 3.00ghz. But if some people are running it fine on less then 2ghz dual core shouldn't I be able to run it with 3.0 dual core?

Thanks for all your replies.
kizad:
There are huge differences in processor architectures.
Your old Pentium at 3.0Ghz is about as fast as a current processor at 1.5Ghz, which is too slow.
Is it really that bad? I don't know much about these things. What makes it that much slower? Maybe it is time to start looking at a new computer.
Its old. If you want to play a lot of ps2/pcsx2 games then yes it is time to get a new computer.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb