Final Fantasy X unplayable, to slow
Hmmm... ATI 4800 in crossfire, your motherboard should be able to handle some Pentium Dual-Core or Core 2 Duo CPU's so check if it can and in that case you just need to change your CPU. Take in count PCSX2's recommended CPU is Core 2 Duo 3.2GHz but for FFX something like 2.5-2.8GHz should be just fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(05-18-2010, 12:14 AM)kizad Wrote: Is it really that bad? I don't know much about these things. What makes it that much slower? Maybe it is time to start looking at a new computer.
Pretty sure Pentium D was dual-core. Still, clock for clock, several benchmarks show the Core 2 microarchitecture as being twice as fast. It might be possible to extend the life of your PC by replacing the CPU but at this point in time, buying a new PC is probably a much better idea. Is your computer OEM (e.g. Dell, HP) or did you build it yourself?
"What makes it that much slower?"
Well, in short:
A bad architecture will need 4 cycles to do an operation, when a good one does the same job in just 1 cycle.
Now the Pentium 4 architecture is really bad, and the Core2 and newer Intel processors are really good Smile
The mother board is a P5WD2 Premium with 955x Chipset, I don't believe it can support the Core 2.
The computer was built by my uncle, but I bought it off him when he got a new one. I put the video cards in because the old one wasn't very good. They may be overpowered compared to the cpu but i got a good deal on them, and that is why i went with them.
http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
as u can see by using motherboard for search and selecting your mobo the best he can support is pentium D

edit: with that cpu being probably the best he can use: Pentium D 960(3.6GHz, 800 FSB, L2 4MB, revD0)
and for this he needs to update bios to the latest
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest