Final Fantasy X unusually slow....
As the title says Final Fantasy X is unusually slow thoughout 50% of the game. I have setup my config accordingly to the recommended setting that is explained in the PCSX2 wiki site about the game. My PC should be more than enough to withstand the game in 100% speed thoughout almost the whole game. But 50% of the time the game drops to 30 fps. Full speed is 50 fps.
Could someone maybe lend me some help?

Here is my System:

Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom 8450 X3 2.1 GHz
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB
2 GB RAM 800 MHz

My Config is pretty much usual in the Video Plugin (DX9) and in Emulation i have everything but fast CDVD ticked in Speedhacks. EE Cyclerate is 2 and VU Cycle Stealing is 0. Everything else is Default.

Sponsored links

Put ee to 0,bytheway your pc is little for emulating ffx i think this game is one of the easyest to emulate and reached full speed in slow pcs but yours one even cant handle that . :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-20-2013, 03:55 AM)finalfantasytype0 Wrote: As the title says Final Fantasy X is unusually slow thoughout 50% of the game. I have setup my config accordingly to the recommended setting that is explained in the PCSX2 wiki site about the game. My PC should be more than enough to withstand the game in 100% speed thoughout almost the whole game. But 50% of the time the game drops to 30 fps. Full speed is 50 fps.

Where do you get that idea from?

There are known spell effects and the like that will slow the game down... but there is also the problem with your hardware. The Phenom 1 series of CPUs were notoriously bad. Slower than the original X2 line they were supposed to replace in almost every instance (a running theme for new generations of AMD cpus) and with that clock rate, you are going to have to expect slowdowns from time to time, even on a "simple" to emulate game like FFX.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Try this...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-P...0-settings
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

a 2.1Ghz AMD is just too slow im afraid, you need to be around 3Ghz or higher to get reasonably full speed. Also with that graphics card you will need to keep the resolution at native or at most, 2x.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I am also having trouble on this game but my problem is the opposite. I haven't changed any settings and my Final Fantasy X game is running too fast. Like they talk and move really fast and I want it to run the normal speed of the game.
I also have a pretty good laptop and I think I can run a lot better graphics if that's possible but I'm not really sure how to change them. If anyone could help that would be great.
Quote:I am also having trouble on this game but my problem is the opposite. I haven't changed any settings and my Final Fantasy X game is running too fast. Like they talk and move really fast and I want it to run the normal speed of the game.
I also have a pretty good laptop and I think I can run a lot better graphics if that's possible but I'm not really sure how to change them. If anyone could help that would be great.

Different issue, so you need to make a new thread. Please don't forget to post your computer specs.

(08-20-2013, 05:40 AM)Koji Wrote: Where do you get that idea from?

There are known spell effects and the like that will slow the game down... but there is also the problem with your hardware. The Phenom 1 series of CPUs were notoriously bad. Slower than the original X2 line they were supposed to replace in almost every instance (a running theme for new generations of AMD cpus) and with that clock rate, you are going to have to expect slowdowns from time to time, even on a "simple" to emulate game like FFX.

I would never even think that the CPU is the problem but i also didnt know that Phenom I triplecore would be so bad...
At least i know the issue. This means that the only way to solve the issue is to get a better processor. But my motherboard doesnt support the Phenom II series... Phenom I is the best i can get. Would a Phenom X4 9750 2.4 GHz make any difference? Thats the best i can get without changing motherboard.
I am not a spambot okay
Quote:I would never even think that the CPU is the problem but i also didnt know that Phenom I triplecore would be so bad...
At least i know the issue. This means that the only way to solve the issue is to get a better processor. But my motherboard doesnt support the Phenom II series... Phenom I is the best i can get. Would a Phenom X4 9750 2.4 GHz make any difference? Thats the best i can get without changing motherboard.

No that would not be enough. You really need an entire system overall. replacing your cpu with this one mentioned will not help you at all, and would drain your money.