Final Fantasy XII FPS Slowdown
Hello basically i am encountering a slowdown while playing FF12 in some major city sections or crowded pub scenes, the game is usually hanging around 55+fps although in these situations it will drop down to 35-40ish, nothing major but was just looking for some tweaks, sorry for any trouble and thanks in advance, if you need any further information please ask.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core Duo e6420 2.13ghz
Card: Nvidia 8800 gtx
Ram: 2x 2gig

Pcsx2 Config:
Overview
GSdx
Speed Hacks
CPU
Advanced

Sponsored links

Try setting the VU Cycle stealing hack to slight or moderate.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
In the graphics config, you could try setting the D3D internal res lower unless you're sure that's not the problem, which it probably isn't.
In speedhacks, I'm pretty sure VU Cycle Stealing makes a bit of a difference in gameplay, can't remember how much, but it makes the FMVs pretty much unwatchable. Not sure if the other speedhacks make a decent fps boost, but I had all speedhacks enabled, except the two above VU Cycle Stealing and they didn't break anything for me, so try playing with them if you haven't.
In Advanced options, you could try setting Clamp Modes to None and see how much of a boost you get from that.

Can't make any promises with what i said above, but if something does make the game screwy, all you need to do is put them back as they were.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Thanks alot for the swift replies i will try those suggestions now!, as for the internal res i have tried it on all sorts of different types including really low ones such as 800x600 and toggled native on and off but in the scene i first noticed the trouble in "When you speak with Tomaj in the Sandsea" the fps still dropped around 40ish with speech slowdown.
Ok i did everything listen and experienced a small jump in fps around 5 in that scene, it's hanging around 50+ at all times i'll take it though thanks!
It's unfortunate you don't have the PAL version, then you'd be playing full speed now =P
Oh really? i was unaware there was a difference and now you mentioned that i simply can't continue to play like this i must get it!, do you know the reason for the difference?.
You would still run at the same framerate percentage, so that's not true.

Example, includes links to even more threads about it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5908.html...al+vs+ntsc
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I don't exactly know why, I guess it's the fact that different countries run electricity at different voltages? Anyway, PAL games run at 50fps while NTSC games run at 60fps. You could probably find the proper answer using Goggle if you're interested enough, and I hope you plan to legally get a PAL copy of the game.
(08-03-2009, 08:16 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: You would still run at the same framerate percentage, so that's not true.

Example, includes links to even more threads about it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-5908.html...al+vs+ntsc

Oh, so running a PAL game at 50fps requires the same power to run an NTSC game at 60fps? Why's that? You added a link after I asked, guess I'll check that out =P
Ah ok thanks alot for the clarification, Larfin if you get a free minute would you mind pming me or posting pics of your configuration for future reference? it would be a big help.