Final Fantasy XII IZJS FPS Drops
I've been playing FFXII IZJS for the last few days and it runs almost flawlessly. The only problem is that there will be random stutter or frame drops when transitioning areas, during battles at random, or during cutscenes randomly. I'm curious if anyone else has ran into this problem or has suggestions.

I have tinkered with all the emulation settings and researched for hours on end and can't seem to find a way to stop this from happening.

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5- 4440 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 8 GB GDDR5
GPU: MSI R9 280x 3GB

Sponsored links

It's normal. If you are playing from disc, switch to ISO. If you are playing from ISO, get an SSD Tongue2

It happens when new data is requested and can't be obtained quickly enough. See here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes

It can also be VU units not being dealt with fast enough, which is also discussed in that thread.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Should I move my ISO file to the SSD? I currently only have PCSX2 on it.
I would, but that still may not fix the issue.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If it's a disc access issue, moving to SSD will help. If it's related to the VU and EE flushes and timing, it won't. Try and see.

Regardless, setting async audio will make it nearly unnoticeable. Go to config->audio->plugin settings and change timestretch to async mix.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Whelp, I moved the file to my SSD and set the audio to async mix, so if neither of these things prevail, I guess I'll just deal with it, as terrible as that sounds.

Thanks for the help, though.
Did you ever try the compression thing Blyss? How'd that work?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
If you read that thread, it was the same. Even putting it in RAM disk didn't help. For me, the problem was with the VU and EE stuff, so nothing can really help.
(09-09-2014, 04:08 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If you read that thread, it was the same. Even putting it in RAM disk didn't help. For me, the problem was with the VU and EE stuff, so nothing can really help.

See i was right when i said its not the HDD/SSD issue as they are all worlds faster then the ps2 drive even when the HDD is fragmented it still faster,

Im sure it will be sorta out one day though honestly i never noticed this problem TILL you mentioned it only then did i notice it was always there haha.