Final Fantasy XII International
The game runs...ok. But I'm sure it can run better

When the game first loads (asking if i want to start a new game or continue) it's fine. But as soon as i hit new game, it gets slow for a couple of seconds, then normal again.

During boss fights (and a couple of normal interaction) the game starts to act slow (the frame rate is fine. Averaging 60fps, 40-45 during bossfights)

And also, the sound is a little weird. Sometimes the song speeds or, or slows down (while the game itself is normal)

Version: .9.7.3113

Specs:
8GB of ram
Intel Quad Core 2.3ghz, 2.4ghz
ATI 4350 512mb

GS: GSdx 3068 (SSSE3) Direct10/11 (software)

Sponsored links

Use native res at. Gsdx plugin then and use some speedhacks if you do not yet to use it. Btw i think that is normal result for your systems.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Uh start by setting GSdx to use the D3D10/11 (Hardware) renderer and ticking native as Register suggested, what's your other settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
2 things

1. Quick ass replies! Thanks

2. I applied the "native" setting. The game runs perfectly. Sadly, it looks like crap XD. Is there a way to change this or is there no other choice? (btw i also changed it to 10/11 Hardware)
Upgrade your vgacard more better at least nvidia 9600gt or ATI hd4670 and overclock your cpu bit.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Besides what Register said, you could probably find a better internal resolution by unticking native and setting the custom internal resolution to something like 800x600 and scaling to 1x.
(05-30-2010, 06:29 AM)Register Wrote: Upgrade your vgacard more better at least nvidia 9600gt or ATI hd4670 and overclock your cpu bit.

wait a min... pcsx2 now can take advantage of GPU? last I read, it was cpu-dependent
It's mostly CPU dependant, when you're limited by your graphics card you can always use lower resolution like Irony did, but if you're being limited by CPU and speedhacks aren't enough then there's not much you can do other than overclock or get a better CPU.

If you want higher resolution than the native of a game (which is what Irony wanted) then a better card is required, also some games have high requirements on GPU but in general CPU is what's needed the most.
(10-07-2010, 08:52 PM)agentghost Wrote:
(05-30-2010, 06:29 AM)Register Wrote: Upgrade your vgacard more better at least nvidia 9600gt or ATI hd4670 and overclock your cpu bit.

wait a min... pcsx2 now can take advantage of GPU? last I read, it was cpu-dependent

it's always been able to take advantage of the GPU, but it IS CPU-dependant as well
I hope you won't flame me because of using phoenix down on this thread but please give any advice.

First, the specs:
C2D E4400 2ghz, oc to 2.8ghz (100% stable)
2 GB DDR2 (doesn't matter but writing anyway)
GF 7600 GT 256mb
windows xp

Emu config (0.9.7)
GS SSSE3 (seems to go a bit better than SSE2)

Been messing around with configurations, prowled these forums and many other sources of information about emu config and I came up with very nice config which allows me to play with max fps (60 - NTSC) most of the time.

Problems appear in locations like desert and crowded areas, especially when moving camera behind the character to see the horizon. Then the fps drops to about 45 - which means a ~25% slowmo mode. If I mess around with speedhacks, it sometimes still shows 60 fps but it's a false reading because I see (and hear) a noticable slowdown.

Of course when the slowdown occurs, my EE usage very close or @ 100% , while GS never went over ~37%.

So I have 2 main questions:

- does GS usage mean the emu doesn't take full advantage of my graph card or is it too weak? Changing the internal resolution to even 1280x1024 + texture filtering didn't impact the performance, maybe added 5% to the usage, while the only problem I encountered was a slowdown while viewing the area map lolz

- what is the exact meaning of EE (is it only CPU?) and GS (graph card, proc+graph card?)?

I noticed a huge performance boost after overclocking my CPU from 2 to 2.8, if you would be so kind and could give some advice and/or at least answer those 2 questions above.

Thank you very much in advance and thanks for an awesome emulator with very good stability and performance!