Final Fantasy XII - PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350) - Playable
Big Grin 
[Image: fjy7.png]
Final Fantasy XII running good, with 50~60 fps c:

The images are in portuguese, but you will know the location of the configs, and I'll explain it here too(below the images) ><

PC specs:
- Intel Core i3 processor 2.2GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- 6GB of RAM memory
- Windows 7

PCSX2 configuration:
- PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)
- GSdx = I used the gsdx 890 SSE41 version 0.1.14 (it's older than the plugins that come with this version of pcsx2(1.0.0). I downloaded it from the pcsx2 official website: http://pcsx2.net/download/viewdownload/4...-pack.html ) more details:
[Image: 9p3.png]
Try to let the configuration like the image above
How to make the plugin work:
Download it and unzip the .dll files where you installed pcsx2, inside the folder "plugins" (usually its c:/program files/pcsx2/plugins or c:/program files(x86)/pcsx2/plugins if you have a 64bits windows)
And select the plugin in pcsx2 plugin configs and change it to (Hardware).

- Speed hacks = I enabled the speed hacks, like the image:
[Image: emsn.png]
Well, all is checked and at 3

Run PCSX2 as administrator:
[Image: 2q40.png]
Go and right click the PCSX2 icon -> Properties -> Combatibility -> Check the box "Run this program as administrator"
You'll need to do it if you can't save the GSdx configs(if it still the default)

The other configs I let default

Why you'll want to use the GSdx 0.1.14 version:
Because the geometry of some places in Final Fantasy XII crashes plugin 0.1.15 and 0.1.16 versions..
And with this version the 3d looks fine and I still can play.

You can use SSE3 or SSE2 versions, but I didn't tried them, because my processor is intel i3 and I can use the SSE4. It's depends of your processor.

I hope this post can help anyone that is having troubles to play FFXII, and solve them c:
And excuse any english mistake please XD

Sponsored links

Quote:Why you'll want to use the GSdx 0.1.14 version:
Because the geometry of some places in Final Fantasy XII crashes plugin 0.1.15 and 0.1.16 versions..
probably because you pushed speedhacks so high... That's far from being a good idea
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tried ANY version of GSDx but it won't work on my PC, isn't there any other solution? It's because I notice everytime I choose that plugin connected with DirectX10 Hardware, my cursor completelly disappears from the screen of the game!! And I cannot play that thing without the cursor. So if you have another functional plugin that works with Final Fantasy XII (or, if you think I'd rather keep GSDx then I would like you to solve me this problem...please, otherwise I won't be able to play) I'll be more than thankful.

*Cheers*

Alexis (Portugal)
(08-24-2013, 10:11 AM)alexis9000 Wrote: I tried ANY version of GSDx but it won't work on my PC, isn't there any other solution? It's because I notice everytime I choose that plugin connected with DirectX10 Hardware, my cursor completelly disappears from the screen of the game!! And I cannot play that thing without the cursor. So if you have another functional plugin that works with Final Fantasy XII (or, if you think I'd rather keep GSDx then I would like you to solve me this problem...please, otherwise I won't be able to play) I'll be more than thankful.

*Cheers*

Alexis (Portugal)

please open your own thread.
Thanks
What do you mean?
instead of rudely hijacking someone else's thread, create your own one
Sorry...
(08-24-2013, 08:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: probably because you pushed speedhacks so high... That's far from being a good idea

Even if I don't use the speedhacks, and with the newest gsdx plugins (0.1.15 or 0.1.16) the geometry still crashing XD
Like that:
[Image: 8vv3.png]
[Image: ufi.png]

And if I use the 0.1.14 version of the gsdx plugin the same places will look like that:
[Image: pzhx.png]
[Image: 2skd.png]

And using the speed hacks and this version of the plugin, the fps will stay ~50 and 60(of course, that's why the speed hacks are in the configs XD)
[Image: 8fml.png]

Thank you for the reply ^^
I noticed(until now) that is the only way to play final fantasy xii with good fps and no graphics crashing >< (in my case I don't have a good graphic card and some people don't too XD)
(08-25-2013, 12:26 AM)Hinayuna Wrote: Even if I don't use the speedhacks, and with the newest gsdx plugins (0.1.15 or 0.1.16) the geometry still crashing XD
Like that:
[Image: 8vv3.png]
[Image: ufi.png]

And if I use the 0.1.14 version of the gsdx plugin the same places will look like that:
[Image: pzhx.png]
[Image: 2skd.png]

And using the speed hacks and this version of the plugin, the fps will stay ~50 and 60(of course, that's why the speed hacks are in the configs XD)
[Image: 8fml.png]

Thank you for the reply ^^
I noticed(until now) that is the only way to play final fantasy xii with good fps and no graphics crashing >< (in my case I don't have a good graphic card and some people don't too XD)
yep, didn't realize you had an intel integrated GPU. According to what has been said here, this is likely to happen with those crappy Gpu.

Since FFXII seem to react quite well to speedhacks, your configuration pattern may be ok in some isolated cases. Of course, that won't apply to those who have a dedicated Gpu.