Final Fantasy XII Questions + Thanks.
Yes you should update to the latest GPU drivers by ATI too. Pixel Shader 4 is only for DirectX 10 and you can only use that with Vista or Windows 7. If you are on one of these 2 OS you should use DX10 hardware in GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Thats the thing I am on Vista 64 and using GSDX 0.1.14:

[Image: DX10_1.jpg]
Ugh in your previous post:
Quote:GSDX SSSE3 0.1.14
1680x1050 60Hz
DX9 Hardware
....So you're using DX10 hardware and pixel shader 4 already (that's why you can't choose anything there, DX10 only works with ps4 so no point in choosing anything else)
Last thing you should do, get the December 20 plugin pack from here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
Make sure to copy the w3pthreads.dll file in the directory where pcsx2.exe is (not in the plugins directory where the rest should go) and use that new GSdx.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok thanks... I see.

I will update my DX 10 and drivers first then try that.
OK back, I just realized that I had GSDX 0.1.15 already but I tried the version of pscx2 you said and its not much different... maybe a 4-5% increase but this version of GSDX seems to have a slight blur to text and writing I think the older 0.1.14 had some sort of anti aliasing going on and thats probably making up for the extra 5% imo.

Not sure what else to say maybe its just my rig then? Not powerful enough... I only have 1MB L2 Cache all together. Thing is I have tried some other games and they run at 95/99-100% all most the time.

I guess Final fantasy 12 does run quite well in most places above 90% but just in those town areas its about 60-70%.

This is my rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 @ 3Ghz from stock 1.8Ghz
4GB DDR2 800
ATI HD 3850
(02-14-2010, 07:53 PM)zilcho123 Wrote: OK back, I just realized that I had GSDX 0.1.15 already but I tried the version of pscx2 you said and its not much different... maybe a 4-5% increase but this version of GSDX seems to have a slight blur to text and writing I think the older 0.1.14 had some sort of anti aliasing going on and thats probably making up for the extra 5% imo.

Not sure what else to say maybe its just my rig then? Not powerful enough... I only have 1MB L2 Cache all together. Thing is I have tried some other games and they run at 95/99-100% all most the time.

I guess Final fantasy 12 does run quite well in most places above 90% but just in those town areas its about 60-70%.

This is my rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 @ 3Ghz from stock 1.8Ghz
4GB DDR2 800
ATI HD 3850

Well outside on the battlefield what was the fps there, because its most logic the towns dosent require much because there isent allot of action going, its the cinema's that the most power.
(02-14-2010, 08:18 PM)Eternally Wrote: Well outside on the battlefield what was the fps there, because its most logic the towns dosent require much because there isent allot of action going, its the cinema's that the most power.

Well I just went out into the battlefield outside the 1st town and its fine everywhere... constant 99-100% fps. It seems its just that town...

Also you know we have the frame limit at 60fps, but sometimes you get little run downs to 98 or 99% i.e. 58.5-59 fps even though when you run unlimited mode its actually around 100fps, should we then raise the limit by 1 or 2 fps so that the little run downs you get from time to time will mean it only runs down to 60fps wont it?
(02-04-2010, 08:18 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: well lets start thats gonna be long....
1) dont use nloop hack its for ff10 as i know... or at least have at gray
2) spu2-x works just fine with this game trust me... just pick the latest version (its in the plugins section on the forums i think....)
3)u dont need to use micro vu for this game to work it will just slow u down.
4)now the hard part... speedhacks: well NEVER NEVER NEVER just NEVER use all of them lol. u just kill everything. disable them all and try only 1 of them at each time look if it will give u more fps (and also if u see the diference in the movement of the player cause as u saw if u raise the vu cycle stealing at max it reports wrong fps) if it will give write it down somewhere and go on with the other speed hacks. when u find the ones that actually give speed (they dont need to be maxed Wacko some times putting it in the middle its better)
5)sound keeps freezing cause u use them all those speedhacks OMFG
6) in my opinion also using full screen mode with r1888 isnt the best u can do.... and not using d3d10 just to have full screen isnt the best u can do cause d3d10 is the most stable and fast.

ps: if u still got problems after all those i will kill my self LOL Tongue

(for jesalvein) the only speedhack that actually fakes the fps is the one i mentioned in part 4, or at least that one in everygame with every settings combination i have tried tends to do it if i set it at max

Worked like a charm
Also, putting all else aside, the primary reason why you'll get slowdowns in towns is because there's a lot of stuff being rendered, even stuff that you can't see. Modern(pretty much since quake 1) 3d games use something called occlusion culling, which basically means the graphics card doesn't render stuff that can't be displayed on screen(because it's behind something else, usually). Pcsx2 pretty much can't do that since it doesn't have any easy way to tell where stuff is in relation to the camera or each other. So you'll get a lot of polygons being rendered on screen at once. Cutscenes take a big hit too.
[Image: 774509.png]