Final Fantasy XII Target Line Glitch
Hello!

I've been getting a problem when I play FFXII, my target lines are getting the wrong colors, being most of the time yellow, and sometimes red and white instead of the usual blue. I think it has to do with 8-bit textures, but if I turn them on, my menus get framerate drop of about 25% (form perfect 60 FPS to 45 FPS). Is there any way to fix the target lines without having 8-bit textures on or getting frame drops on menus?

Sponsored links

(01-22-2014, 08:03 PM)HybridSlash Wrote: Hello!

I've been getting a problem when I play FFXII, my target lines are getting the wrong colors, being most of the time yellow, and sometimes red and white instead of the usual blue. I think it has to do with 8-bit textures, but if I turn them on, my menus get framerate drop of about 25% (form perfect 60 FPS to 45 FPS). Is there any way to fix the target lines without having 8-bit textures on or getting frame drops on menus?

Well It's always red when an enemy targets your party? That's normal

The yellow doesn't sound right though.

Can you show us all your setting and maybe a screenshot?

Edit: I see what you mean now, just tested it.

What are your specs? If you are upscaling turn it down a bit to avoid slowdowns and use 8-bit textures.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-22-2014, 08:25 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Well It's always red when an enemy targets your party? That's normal

The yellow doesn't sound right though.

Can you show us all your setting and maybe a screenshot?

I don't really know how to post images here. But my settings are the recommended ones. The lines get red even when I attack foes sometimes. Like I said, it only happens when my 8-bit textures are off, if I turn them on they're colored right, but I get framerate drops in all menus. Ins't there maybe a fix I can download or something?

EDIT: My specs are a Intel Core i5 2310 @ 2.9GHz and a GeForce 630GT GPU. I also use x2 native resolution. Native resolution is just unberable to my eyes.
Ok,here somethings that I know about FF XII in PCSX2:

> High MSAA will lag in cutscenes and some random lag here and there.

> High Skipdraw may cause artfacts or missing details/graphics.

> Half-pixel Offset on hw hacks might causes random colored lines some area.

Disable speedhacks or any other hw hacks.
Start only with 2x native resolution,if you notice the glich use native resolution,if not try to enable any other speed hacks/hardware hacks one by one to troubleshoot it.

Btw are you using DX11 mode?
Hmm, I've been playing FFXII quite a bit. The target lines do get discolored at times, but it happens fairly rarely for me; not exactly something I can pin down. I ended up just turning them off since I didn't need em Smile

But if it bugs you, I'd say it isn't a huge issue. You can try DirectX9, but since I get slightly worse performance with that, I don't use it myself. I stick with DX11.
(01-23-2014, 04:46 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: Hmm, I've been playing FFXII quite a bit. The target lines do get discolored at times, but it happens fairly rarely for me; not exactly something I can pin down. I ended up just turning them off since I didn't need em Smile

But if it bugs you, I'd say it isn't a huge issue. You can try DirectX9, but since I get slightly worse performance with that, I don't use it myself. I stick with DX11.

How rare is rare? I literally loaded random save, put 8 bit textures off and found an enemy and it was messed up.
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-23-2014, 12:54 AM)Yagyu Wrote: Ok,here somethings that I know about FF XII in PCSX2:

> High MSAA will lag in cutscenes and some random lag here and there.

> High Skipdraw may cause artfacts or missing details/graphics.

> Half-pixel Offset on hw hacks might causes random colored lines some area.

Disable speedhacks or any other hw hacks.
Start only with 2x native resolution,if you notice the glich use native resolution,if not try to enable any other speed hacks/hardware hacks one by one to troubleshoot it.

Btw are you using DX11 mode?

How do I lower my MSAA and Skipdraw?

Speedhacks should be off? I thought they helped the game perfomance. I use x2 Native to play. I use DX9, because if I use DX11 my menus lag. But then with DX9 I get lag in battles. Cutscenes always seem to lag a bit if they're effect heavy.

Can you run FFXII with 60FPS all the time? If yes, what are your settings? I thnik that maybe if I use the settings you use I may get less problems.
Speedhacks can bosot your performace a little BUT it can cause some glitches/bugs in some games so its highly recommended that you disable it if you notice anything wrong.

Skipdraw and MSAA options are found in GSDX configs at "Hardware hacks"

Yes I can run FF XII at fixed 60 fps.

My specs:
AMD FX Vishera 6300
Radeon HD 7870
6Gb RAM
Windows 7 ultimate x64

I think that the problem is you GPU,its a little weak for PCSX2,and DX9 lacks of performace a lot so you may expect some bugs here and there.
(01-23-2014, 02:36 PM)Yagyu Wrote: Speedhacks can bosot your performace a little BUT it can cause some glitches/bugs in some games so its highly recommended that you disable it if you notice anything wrong.

Skipdraw and MSAA options are found in GSDX configs at "Hardware hacks"

Yes I can run FF XII at fixed 60 fps.

My specs:
AMD FX Vishera 6300
Radeon HD 7870
6Gb RAM
Windows 7 ultimate x64

I think that the problem is you GPU,its a little weak for PCSX2,and DX9 lacks of performace a lot so you may expect some bugs here and there.

I see. I'm looking in getting a new GPU anyways, so that should be fixed soon. I know DX9 lacks performance, but if I use DX11 my menus lag, they get a 25% FPS drop. Any ideas on how to fix that? Or is that just because of my GPU?

EDIT: Also, my MSAA and Skipdraw are completely off.
(01-23-2014, 02:59 PM)HybridSlash Wrote: I see. I'm looking in getting a new GPU anyways, so that should be fixed soon. I know DX9 lacks performance, but if I use DX11 my menus lag, they get a 25% FPS drop. Any ideas on how to fix that? Or is that just because of my GPU?

EDIT: Also, my MSAA and Skipdraw are completely off.

Yeah the menu's in this game are demanding. You could turn down to native resolution for the time being.

You are gonna have to choose between wrong coloured target lines or worse graphics until you upgrade your graphics card.

You could try VU Cycle Stealing hack on 1, just look out for glitches caused by it.

Here is an explanation why it lags, incase you are wondering.

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXII-slowdown-in-game-menu-s-only
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Gigabyte H81M
8GB DDR 3 Ram