Final Fantasy XII - Walls missing
Yup, every hack is off.
When I tried Recoder's link, I just loaded the game without any config modification.

Could it be my hardware ? I'm runnig PCSX2 on windows 7 with a macbook pro (bootcamp), the graphics card is an intel HD Graphics 3000.

Sponsored links

yeah the intel HD Graphics 3000 might be the cause, maybe try to update the drivers and directx, have you tried both directx 9 and 11 in gsdx?
Drivers and DirectX are updated. What I can figure out is why I don't have this problem with old versions of GSdx.
After a lot of tests, it seems like I have the problem every time I try the game with GSdx 1.1.16.
1.1.15 works well, but again, no F9 function.

So now my question is: is there a way to correctly display FMVs on hardware mode with GSdx 1.1.15 ?

If not, i guess i'll have to run the game in software mode, but that's a pity considering the difference of graphic quality...
I tried to narrow down the releases of GSdx to solve my problem, here's what I got so far:

GSdx 1412 (1.1.15) -> no wall glitch, but no F9 hotkey
GSdx 1873 (1.1.15) -> wall glitch, F9 hotkey

Every release below 1412 is perfect regarding the walls display, and every release above 1873 has the glitch.

So I guess the solution to my problem lies in a release between these numbers, but I didn't manage to find a link where every release is listed...
Are you playing at the "zodiac job sistem" version of final fantasy XII ?
No, i'm trying to run the french PAL version of the original game.
Do you think the zodiac job system version would work better ?
It does't give me any problems, I use the default plugin of PCSX2 9.8 (r4600)
whats the game CRC code? Look in in the pcsx2 console it should say something like "Game CRC = 0x0779FBDB"

I have a feeling its not in the gsdx internal crc hacks, if I remember correctly there is a french version of the game that has problems.
It's working !

I tried with the international version, and I had the exact same problem, but I noticed the FMVs were perfectly well displayed in hardware mode.

This means I'm able to run the game with the old version of GSdx, in hardware mode, without having hideous black lines all over the cut-scenes.

Thank you all for the good help and advices Wink