Final Fantasy XII - invisible loot drops
(10-08-2014, 06:22 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Hm...strange. Maybe the linux version doesn't support AA? BTW try playing in native (it's gonna look crummy but it should help your framerate). So your window doesn't have all these options?

yup my window looks a lot different than that - you also have more settings for hardware rendering

my version of GSdx for linux is 0.1.16

Sponsored links

Oh I see. Well then there's not much else I can do to try and help you with your FPS drops other than what I already suggested, which is playing at native resolutions. I know it's not ideal, but it should hold you over while someone else jumps on here and helps you out. Sorry I couldn't be of much help! :-\
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(10-08-2014, 06:27 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Oh I see. Well then there's not much else I can do to try and help you with your FPS drops other than what I already suggested, which is playing at native resolutions. I know it's not ideal, but it should hold you over while someone else jumps on here and helps you out. Sorry I couldn't be of much help! :-\

it's all good, the FPS drops appear to be quite rare anyway and I'm glad I was able to get GSdx working without crashing (except FMVs which probably still crash but I can just switch to ZZ Ogl PG for the long ones).
AA is for SW renderer. Real name of upscaling is FSAA. 2X give you a nice quality without too much speed cost. Please remember the PS2 is 15 years old.

Do you have the FMV crash in GSdx SW? Note, there is a gamefix in PCSX2 to automatically switch to GSdx SW mode (not sure it is working on linux, never try). Do you have any crash on a FMV intro/start of game?

Quote:Good to know incase there are any stable linux versions in future.
You mean a stable Catalyst driver in the future right Tongue2
(10-08-2014, 09:26 AM)gregory Wrote: AA is for SW renderer. Real name of upscaling is FSAA. 2X give you a nice quality without too much speed cost. Please remember the PS2 is 15 years old.

Do you have the FMV crash in GSdx SW? Note, there is a gamefix in PCSX2 to automatically switch to GSdx SW mode (not sure it is working on linux, never try). Do you have any crash on a FMV intro/start of game?

I don't have any crashes on the intro FMV.

The only problem I have at the moment are the target lines showing the wrong colours - it seems when I fix one problem it always causes another but at least loot drops are showing and the game is not crashing anymore with GSdx (this is also with the use of the older BIOS which has fixed a lot of my problems).
(10-08-2014, 09:26 AM)gregory Wrote: AA is for SW renderer. Real name of upscaling is FSAA. 2X give you a nice quality without too much speed cost. Please remember the PS2 is 15 years old.

Really? There's no AA for hardware mode in linux? That's disappointing. Is there a reason for that?

(10-08-2014, 10:05 AM)ashley01 Wrote: I don't have any crashes on the intro FMV.

The only problem I have at the moment are the target lines showing the wrong colours - it seems when I fix one problem it always causes another but at least loot drops are showing and the game is not crashing anymore with GSdx (this is also with the use of the older BIOS which has fixed a lot of my problems).

What color are the target lines showing up as? Maybe it's something we can fix with shaders or something. Do you have a screenshot?

BTW I meant to ask you, what made you try an older BIOS? Did someone suggest that on the AMD forums or something?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
@karasuhebi:

I tried an older BIOS as a last resort.

The target lines that are meant to be blue are showing up as red. Both the target lines from me->enemy and from enemy->me sometimes cycle through the colours yellow, orange, and white - which is very unusual.