Final Fantasy XII (izjs) - Can't open menu or map
Can't open menu or map (triangle & select dont seem to be working).
Apparently this is a common problem with some controllers, but I couldnt find a fix for this.

Any help is appreciated!

Sponsored links

Are you sure that you mapped those buttons to controls in lilypad?
If so, can you map them properly? Do the buttons work for the configuration of lilypad but not in-game or do they not even work in the lilypad-settings?
The buttons work in other games. I've also mapped the buttons to different controllers. Lilypad registers the inputs when I use the "test device" option within plugin settings (0 turns to 1).
Do these buttons have different settings in lilypad than other buttons (sensitivity,...)?

You are hopefully not in the beginning of the game where you don't have a map or a menu?
They have same settings as other buttons (aside from analog sticks). Messing with sensitivity does nothing.
I'm past the beginning and have menu & map options available.
Didn't have the problem and have not read about it so far. Sorry I can not help you.
what controller are you using ?
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Tried with GC controller (gc-usb adapter), two bad gamestop pc-controllers and a PS controller (dualshock 2).
just an idea: try and map the dead buttons to your keyboard, then if they work you'll know whether it's the pad plugin or not Smile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Tried it, didnt work.
Also found a Gamefaqs guide that mentions this issue. (Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Game Mechanics FAQ)
Apparently, some dualshock 2 controllers dont work with the game (marked with an "A" in the back), and there are no known fixes, at least for console.