NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1024 MB) Palit
Windows 7 Ult 32 bit

Plugins
GSDx4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.1.16
using D3D11 (Hardware)
Custom Resolution 1366 x 768

And the Configs for my PCSX2 (0.9.8) are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/10596128339...directlink

Based on tinkering and (semi-educated) guesswork, while attempting to have Valkyrie Profile Silmeria working.
Had to give up VP-Silmeria it because:
a) CPU usage was 100% all the time, speed was still unsatisfactory (38-46 FPS)
b) Game DVD was possibly damaged anyway, had some issues with it before PS2 gave up the ghost.
-----

Out of curiosity, I tested FF12 with the same spec/settings listed above and my system handled it fine. Monitoring through extended display, I can see:
CPU Usage: 50-90%, usually at 68%-85% while in play, low during game menu, high during event sequences
RAM usage: .98GB-1GB (out of 2GB with 750MB in idle)
System Component temperatures: significantly lower that VP-S, slightly higher than idle (surprisingly)
FPS: 48.XX-61.XX in game map, 24-42 immediate after entering a new map.

The only notable slowdowns are during:
1) Event sequences with dialogs (voices sound like 2x speed tape recording, played in normal speed)
2) Town Map (Rabanastre) with multiple NPC's you can interact with
3) immediately after entering a map
4) immediately after a video

Everything was fine up to the point where the party is imprisoned in Nalbina, from that point all event sequences show black tiles.

And then later on in game maps (once Basch is released).
=====
Has anyone had the same problems? And if so, is there a fix? (even for just the black tiles and planes) Or was it because of the configs?

Also, would there be an significant improvement if I made an iso from my copy of the game instead of using the DVD in the drive? (Aside from readtimes)

I'm not missing out on recommended official plugins by using the included plugins with 0.9.8 am I?

I'm guessing that the fps will be shaky once advanced magic becomes available, or is it?

Anyone played FFXII International - Zodiac Job system with this emulator? Compatibility list only shows FF XII, unless the two versions were grouped together.

Sponsored links

VU speed hack up to 3
native resolution
all recommended speed hacks on

that should fix the slowdowns
Yes an ISO file should improve your speeds. But I'm not sure are you asking for FFXII or Valkyrie Profile because the second has way higher requirements than the first.
[Image: newsig.jpg]