Final fantasy 10 speed help
(05-11-2009, 04:24 AM)Schime Wrote: hallo, in firs sorry for my bad english...
ill try to play FF10 but every time animation start or enter battle screen (crashing glass) game slows down to 15-20 fps
is it possibe to run PCSX2 in safe mode but only graphic and sound card working full...
if not how can i configure my psx2 for this game
config can you see in my signature
thanks for any help

Try using gsdx 0.1.7, it's the only plugin that does not reduce too much fps during lots of visual effects such as demi, several cutscenes, crashing glass.
I've tested gsdx 0.1.7, 0.1.8, 0.1.12, 0.1.14, and also the beta gsdx (not the latest beta, but the one 2 wks ago.). It seems that gsdx 0.1.8 and above will reduce the fps significantly during high visual effects.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Sponsored links

Instead of starting a new thread I chose to follow etiquette and use search and ask about this here.

I'm new to PCSX2, but not so new with computers. So I've been checking different configs and newer verions (including latest PCSX beta) with no success. Whatever I do, my game drops to ~40's FPS (60 being max) in some places (strangely enough, most of those slowdowns don't occur at battles, which would intuitively be the most stressing scenes). My rig is as follows:

Q6600 @ 2,4GHz
HD4850 512Mb
4Gt DDR2
Vista Premium 64Bit
Newest drivers and directX10 installed

At first I wasn't very concerned, because I'd heard that emulation IS very resource intensive, but after reading many posts on these forums I got the impression that people are getting almost max FPS with even worse rigs than mine. I tried some speedhacks (one per time, and then more than one activated) with no increase in FPS. I have EERec and both VU Recompilers ticked along with MTGS. I also have tried ZeroGS , Gsdx which comes with 0.9.6 and newest Gsdx beta (1171). And nothing just helps? I'm perfectly happy if someone tells me that my comp just sucks too much, but I really didn't get that kind of impression from most of the posts on the forums.

The strange thing is, my PC usage is AT MOST around 33%, and increasing AA from 0x to 16x doesn't decrease FPS in the slightest...But nothing I do increases it, either.

Thanks for responses already.

[Edit]
I've tested Gsdx with native checked and unchecked - no effect. I also tried all the filtering options for no effect.