Final fantasy X HD on surface 3
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and I would like to ask a few things.
I want to play final fantasy X on my surface 3 (NOT PRO) with the following specs:
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel Atom x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel Burst technology up to 2.4GHz)

• GPU: Intel Gen 8
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Memory: 64GB eMMC
  • Windows 10
First of all I would like to ask you if these specs are enough and moreover if is there any risk of damaging the PC since it has no fans.
Second thing: is there any difference in performance if I use the final fantasy X HD remaster instead of the old final fantasy X.. I would say yes but since I'm dealing with an emulator I have no idea how this technology works.

Thanks in advance Smile
Jeff

Sponsored links

the HD remaster for PC will probably be less demanding than the emulated FFX under pcsx2.
It'll run , but expect many slowdowns.
and your tablet will surely get hot
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-16-2015, 04:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the HD remaster for PC will probably be less demanding than the emulated FFX under pcsx2.
It'll run , but expect many slowdowns.
and your tablet will surely get hot

Thanks for the reply, the HD remaster is still a PS2 game so it needs to be emulated by the PCSX2 as well. I'm wondering if the emulation of those better graphics will lower the performance.
no its not
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Just get the Remaster, it's a PC game so you don't need the emulator for it. The single thread performance of your tablet processor is too weak to run FFX through PCSX2 smoothly.
(12-16-2015, 05:09 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Just get the Remaster, it's a PC game so you don't need the emulator for it.

No it is not, not yet anyway, still just a rumor.
Thank you all,

I think I'll just try the original FFX disc and see if I can make it run smooth even thou I seriously doubt it will Smile

(hoping for the PC version as well)
(12-16-2015, 06:10 PM)K.F Wrote: No it is not, not yet anyway, still just a rumor.

I thought they'd semi-officially acknowledged it was true. Maybe not then. Tongue2
(12-16-2015, 09:29 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I thought they'd semi-officially acknowledged it was true. Maybe not then. Tongue2

It's pretty much guaranteed. It showed up in SteamDB which is almost always accurate:
https://steamdb.info/sub/64178/
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-16-2015, 09:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's pretty much guaranteed. It showed up in SteamDB which is almost always accurate:
https://steamdb.info/sub/64178/

That is amazing good news :Smile guess I'll wait for that. If it is in their database I doubt it will take more than 1 year to come out