Final fantasy x isnt running to well
so the games running a lil laggy, sounds off a little bit, its playing but i havent even reached the sin spawn or the save sphere, any ideas on how to make it run better?

im using ZeroGS .97.1
linuz for the iso
and im getting a plugin error
"PLUGIN Load failure" its the SPU2-X.dll file
(sysliberror message <NULL> )
Intel c2d p8600 2.40GHz
3.Gb Ram
Mobile Intel 4 SEC Family 1GB
Thinkpad

Sponsored links

now i made it too fast -_- , anywho is it to slow if im running on intel core 2 duo P8600 @ 2.40ghz?
Intel c2d p8600 2.40GHz
3.Gb Ram
Mobile Intel 4 SEC Family 1GB
Thinkpad
OK, first put the portaudio and w32 v3 dlls in the folder of the PCSX2. (For the "(sysliberror message <NULL> )" error)
Try the gsdx plugin, is better.
In CPU put frame limit: limit. (if it runs too fast, or press F4 during the game to change that option)
I had problems with the audio when I use the VU cycle stealing, disable it. Try the different speedhacks and see how the FPS change.
Athlon x2 240 2.8 GHz / HD5670 512MB / 2 GB RAM DDR2-800 / Windows 7 x64

"Pardoning the bad is injuring the good."
Setting the "Clamping Mode" (both) to "None" will also give you some fps. But I haven't played the game much yet, so I don't know if this break anything. But it's working fine for me until now (finished Besaid). Just make sure to change this to "Extra" when you reach the scene of Yuna's first sending in Kilika. The game will freeze if it is set lower there.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Out of curiosity and possibly not related to thread (an apology in advance for the OP), what does the Rounding and Clamping mode really do in general to the emulation pipeline?
The only difference I've ever noticed is when I set the rounding both to Chop/Zero, the character I controlled in Ar Tonelico 2 when walking on the fields will "sink" whenever it's nearing a treasure chest; it's fixed by setting both the rounding mode to Nearest.
Aside from that, setting it to a higher than defaults is generally a fix for hangs and crashes at some games.

Any insights? Smile
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Well, regarding Clamping, this might help you. And I guess Rounding is somewhat related to this, but I'm just guessing.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
After reading that one and Nightmare on Floating-Point Street, I'm more motivated to kick people on their g'nads for being grumpy on how slow PCSX2 can be on mid-range CPUs. Tongue2

Doesn't care for infinities and having a knack of using a big-ass number; nice. Blink
Maybe in case of AT2, when the game calculates the range between the character and the box to show up an exclamation mark icon over its head, the Chop/Zero rounding mode made the result having the entire field's plane shot up relative from the character's position.

...BIG maybe. =b
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.