Final results?
Intel is enormuos company with lots of cash, and normaly it is easy for him to make a good CPU. But, it is AMD who is responsible for that we have cheep and fast computers. I remember a time when I bought my first Pentium MMX. With that money, now I could buy 3 high-end machines. And, your CPU support Vista x64. It is a lot better OS (at least for me), and like Cain said, it is faster (lets say +2fps), DX10 +2fps maybe 3 (that alone will give you 4-5 fps). Next, x2 64000+ should be cheap, and it will give you at least +10fps (overall, in worst case it is +15fps), and if you lucky, perhaps even +20fps (depends on the game, so it would be +25). If you are OK with that, go for it.

Sponsored links

I want to say with you that AMD II 940 has win in Crysic than Intel (Max setting, 1600x800) more than 10fps (66fps AMD and 56 Intel I core7 with the same hardware(except the MainBoard, Mine was 790FX, and my friend was X58) with the same clock(4ghz).AMD better for gaming with very low price, the price/performance K.O Intel.
Oh, well, I have my friend tried use PCSX2 yesterday, the same clock for FFX AMD has WIN, very strange.But PCSX2 is very good with FFX so it doesn't say anything, but strange that when we OC from 4Ghz to 4.5Ghz it does not change much.Both AMD and Intel, it's just about 2-5fps more, very strange that when we OC from 3Ghz to 3.5Ghz it give an amazing boots, more than 6-9fps.

*We're going make this theard become AMD vs Intel.
(04-03-2009, 07:11 PM)rama Wrote: So whats with those 5ghz? I don't get it. It's a number.
5Ghz amd chip = still slower than a 4Ghz intel chip...

What AMD should do right now is tune that phenom2 they got. Add SSE4 to it. Increase its clockspeed.
It's be great to see that chip outdoing the core i7 Tongue2

I get more performance Glare with the 5GHz, the 3DMark sorce is more than an 4.6Ghz Intel iCore7(Compare to my friend, he's a Overclocker too, but he's a crazy fan of Intel).He not intresiting in Emulator, since he has a DS, a PSP,a PS3,a Wii,a XBOX360.That too much gaming sytem for him to try an emulator, but he was suprised when I show him that I can FFX with more cooler graphic on a PCBlink.So he's trying to play a lot of game with PCSX2 (He has over 600 PS2 Game, it's will take one week to test them all).Now we use PCSX2 to benchmark our sytemBiggrin
This thread is starting to make me push my hand through my face
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones
I started this topic to ask people with AMD cpu especially x2(6000,6400 etc.) to know how the pcsx2 is running at their computers so please keep the thread topic Smile
my guess is that the emu doesnt give the right fps,when the emulation will be perfect no bugs and slowdowns(im sure that the time will come),then we can compare and for now, i own a 4800+(2.5) not oc'ed with a 8600gts256mb, you can't really say if thats the system or its the emu, i don't think that ffx12 have less 3d than tekken or any other ps2 game,but it runs perfectly on my rig,and a month ago i was playing gow at 30fps now its a 50+,you decide to w8 or to spend money for an upgrade, though i7 would do a good performance boost thats for sure xD
final fantasy series are almost perfectly done at pcsx2 because emulator was mostly created for FF X at first and many people really wanted to play it Smile
and by the way how is AMD X2 7750 working with pcsx2? is it better from 6400?
AMD x2 7750 BE can run very good, the same clock with AMD x2 6000+ @3.3Ghz , it run better 5-8fps in FFXII when I try to compare them.So an 6400+ can beter x2 7750 with 3.6Ghz, you can overclock to this clock very easy.But sad, Intel still makes better result with PCSX2 in same clock.
Is that true that 6400 without oc is extremally heating at standard cooler?
Well, AMDs stuff is known for their extreme temperatures, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.