FireShock - native USB Windows Driver for Sony DualShock Controllers
(10-09-2016, 08:46 PM)csoulr666 Wrote: It is on the default game controller menu inbuilt in windows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kBjzr...sp=sharing

It also shows as double in FIFA 16 as well.

Yes, that's normal.

Sponsored links

(10-09-2016, 09:27 PM)Nefarius Wrote: Yes, that's normal.
Its the same with DualShock 4 as well. So it's not possible to hide the Dinput part of the controller? Makes it not work in games like Dark Souls. Is a "hide ds4" or Xinput only mode a work in progress?

Also when I first connect my DS4, a new audio device called Headset Earphone and Headset Microphone 'XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:01' makes itself the default speaker and mic. I wondered why I lost audio at first. It doesn't seem to work when I plug in a headset in the controller. Not sure if its intended to work.
(10-09-2016, 10:43 PM)Vanquo Wrote: Its the same with DualShock 4 as well. So it's not possible to hide the Dinput part of the controller? Makes it not work in games like Dark Souls. Is a "hide ds4" or Xinput only mode a work in progress?

Also when I first connect my DS4, a new audio device called Headset Earphone and Headset Microphone 'XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:01' makes itself the default speaker and mic. I wondered why I lost audio at first. It doesn't seem to work when I plug in a headset in the controller. Not sure if its intended to work.

That's not possible without some hacks ATM. How is that a problem? What do you mean "makes it not work". Do you experience doubled input or what exactly is the issue?

The Audio device is a side-effect from emulating an Xbox 360 Controller which doesn't work. It's an "issue" caused by Microsofts drivers so I'm not sure I can fix this somehow. I'm always open to suggestions though.
(10-09-2016, 10:51 PM)Nefarius Wrote: That's not possible without some hacks ATM. How is that a problem? What do you mean "makes it not work". Do you experience doubled input or what exactly is the issue?

The Audio device is a side-effect from emulating an Xbox 360 Controller which doesn't work. It's an "issue" caused by Microsofts drivers so I'm not sure I can fix this somehow. I'm always open to suggestions though.
Dark Souls simply won't detect the controller so there's absolutely no inputs being received. It's been a Dark Souls 1-3 issue with Xinput wrappers for a long time. Wont detect inputs in the main menu. In game camera will keep spinning, only movement and camera control will work and other inputs don't register. Other games that support both Dinput and Xinput might just have double inputs of course.

So basically right now, DS4 support in these drivers (with Vigem) will make it not work properly in games that do have native support for DS4 Dinput like Far Cry 4, GTAV, and Rocket League. Screwed up bad ports like Dark Souls will not work at all. It makes it work for Xinput-Only games though.

For the audio, is it possible so that it doesn't make itself the default audio device? Some user's might wonder why their PC stopped playing any audio.

So whats the point of Fireshock drivers for DS4 when it already has native Dinput support in windows? For custom button mappings? I'm guessing you plan using hacks to make it a bit more usable with Vigem?

Looking at Vigem, it seems to have have a feature to use x360ce. From what I understand, it makes it so you don't have to drop XInput.dll in the game directory. So maybe if you bundled x360ce and have it pre-configured for each controller with standard xbox360 layout so it works out of the box. That would be a neat workaround I guess. (I just realized each controller has a unique GUID so this probably won't work)
(10-09-2016, 10:51 PM)Nefarius Wrote: The Audio device is a side-effect from emulating an Xbox 360 Controller which doesn't work. It's an "issue" caused by Microsofts drivers so I'm not sure I can fix this somehow. I'm always open to suggestions though.

Why is this not an issue with the SCP toolkit?

I'm not seeing an extra audio device using my DS3 with that.
(10-09-2016, 10:51 PM)Nefarius Wrote: That's not possible without some hacks ATM. How is that a problem? What do you mean "makes it not work". Do you experience doubled input or what exactly is the issue?

I actually experience double input on FIFA 16. And it takes the Dinput first, and Dinput devices are generally poorly mapped in Fifa. It would be great if there were a way to toggle between DInput and Xinput.
(10-10-2016, 09:35 AM)csoulr666 Wrote: I actually experience double input on FIFA 16. And it takes the Dinput first, and Dinput devices are generally poorly mapped in Fifa. It would be great if there were a way to toggle between DInput and Xinput.

Fix for double input is in the works.

(10-09-2016, 11:16 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Why is this not an issue with the SCP toolkit?

I'm not seeing an extra audio device using my DS3 with that.

I don't have the slightest idea ATM.
H1, Nefarius. Does new FireShock drivers support a fake chineese dualshock 3 gamepads?
(10-13-2016, 11:32 PM)evilserge Wrote: H1, Nefarius. Does new FireShock drivers support a fake chineese dualshock 3 gamepads?

Can't tell since the only chinese controllers I got donated about half a year ago already died... So I can't test and at this point I really don't care anymore and won't trash more time with knock-off products. Buy original and save time and nerves. That's what I recommend.
I tried this. Unfortunately, this does not work very well with Final Fantasy 9 (PC, Steam version); it freaks the game out as in the crosspad will not work.

XInput Wrapper Reloaded (well, the last beta) for me for now since that's what works for me.

If it helps, I'm using a offical Dual Shock 3 on a usb cable.

[Edit] It might be the dual input that's freaking it the heck out. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.