FireShock - native USB Windows Driver for Sony DualShock Controllers
update from last post: i got some help over in the SCP thread - https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolk...d?page=235 - and have reinstalled my whole windows OS.

but now i have no idea what to do or how to make this work...

(01-07-2017, 03:22 PM)mirh Wrote: VnnAmed Wrote:
About my issue with finding ViGEm. Basically I always navigate to github site here and I can't figure it out how to find ViGEm.exe there :3
https://github.com/nefarius/FireShock
https://github.com/nefarius/ViGEm
there are no exes here, only .apis - i don't know how to install .api

if i cannot install ViGEm, aka if i cannot let the DS3 be detected as an Xbox 360 controller, Fireshock is effectively useless for me and i may as well use SCP Toolkit

ugh

SCP toolkit is so user friendly, i just double click an exe and install things, and then when i plug in my DS3 via USB it just works. is there anyway Fireshock can be updated with something... ... easier for your average user to figure out? fireshock installs like a dream but this x360ce / vigem stuff i just cannot get a handle on. .API files I don't know how to use instead of .exes, .MD files for readmes that don't contain installation instructions even when I open them.... is this just supposed to be for developers or something? idk i feel like i need to have some coding/programming knowledge to get this to work properly and that's pretty disappointing =/

Sponsored links

So I have a bit of a problem with FireShock. I've tried installing it multiple times but the result is the same every time. After I plug my controller in System interrupts starts devouring cpu usage. In only a minute it eats up to 50+% on its own. Left on its own my computer will completely lock up. As soon as I unplug the controller it goes back to normal. Any idea why this might be happening?
nefarius, this and vigem still rocks to this day; I sent you a tweet regarding the github wiki, hit me up with a response whenever its cool for you
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
So now that ScpToolkit is dead, are there any plans to make this "successor" actually usable and as user-friendly as SCPT was or should I just buy a ds4?
(01-27-2018, 04:35 PM)Bakugo Wrote: So now that ScpToolkit is dead, are there any plans to make this "successor" actually usable and as user-friendly as SCPT was or should I just buy a ds4?

That's entirely up to you ofc. why would I prohibit you from buying a DS4  Tongue
translation, just make a decent installer xD
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(01-28-2018, 07:25 PM)shinra358 Wrote: translation, just make a decent installer xD

Teach me how to clone myself and I'll get more done in my free time Tongue
I'm proficient with NSIS if you ever need a hand Wink
(01-28-2018, 07:28 PM)Nefarius Wrote: Teach me how to clone myself and I'll get more done in my free time Tongue
Cloning will only deliver you babies that look just like you did as a a baby. It will just take up more of your free time. You're better off with a couple of androids with copies of your mind.
(01-28-2018, 07:53 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Cloning will only deliver you babies that look just like you did as a a baby. It will just take up more of your free time. You're better off with a couple of androids with copies of your mind.

This I'd take!