FireShock - native USB Windows Driver for Sony DualShock Controllers
Windows can see my ds3.
Emulators can see my ds3.
But for some reason when I try to play specific games they don't see it at all.
This wasn't the issue a few weeks ago using ScpToolkit but it is now.
I tried FireShock and the exact same thing happens.
What's up?

Sponsored links

From what I understand from browsing around the internet the game assumes HID-compliant game controller is player 1 and so the fireshock device is assumed to be the additional device that doesnt get priority.
turns out the game was just trash at recognizing controllers.
on another note though, why does pressing start on dualshock make the pc think im pressing escape?
i end up being unable to use it on pcsx2 since it'll close my emulator all the time.
and the right analog stick moves the mouse for some reason.
Hey Guys, I don't get the PS3 controller working.
I took care all prerequisites are installed.
I installed everything (but w/o PS4 and w/o BT).
I got a lot success messages, but at the very end I got two error messages that I can't understand.

Screenshot:
https://mega.nz/#!aro3GB6R!9nRZJd6xxtaJe...7hCy3vFi5k

Logfile Folder:
https://mega.nz/#!XzZB0KTJ!bm2ZHxTx90ilN...SSmixQt4Zs

If I unplug and replug the wire I get: could not open device \\?
https://mega.nz/#!fvoGBCBS!DMqh9hKX-xCW0...kPTpr9qHI8

I use a SONY DUALSHOCK3 SIXAXIS.

thanks in advance and kindest regards!
Hey Nefarius,

Thanks a lot for your hard work supporting this D3/D4 Drivers, it's great to see someone still working on that Wink

Sadly when I install it and plug my DS3 controller, the system interrupts service CPU load slowly start to increase and starts making the system unstable after 10~15 minutes (on Windows 10 x64)
If I unplug my DS3 the system interrupts service goes back to normal.

Beside that, the controller works perfectly in the windows gamepad panel, but when I try using lilypad the input are messed up, basically only L1/2 R1/2 are working and are registered as other joystick axises...

Before installing your Drivers I tried installing libusb, and the last version of scptoolkit, that both didn't work with lilypad.
I think I removed those ones correctly before installing your Drivers, but could I have messed up something?

I checked in device manager, and it's displaying FireShock3 device correctly same as your screenshots.

Do you have any idea of what I should check to fix that issue?

Edit: nevermind, just saw your comment about the version 1.x being obsolete, I guess I will just wait for your version 2.x then  Tongue
Hey Nefarious,

This looks like an interesting project. So this project will be the scptoolkit replacement?

I was checking information on the PS now app and it has a DS3 driver for windows bundled with it. Have you checked it out? If there was some way to use this driver with something that could pair the controllers wirelessly to a pc it would be nice I believe.

Another curious thing that is kinda both on and off-topic is the steam link can work right out of the box with official DS3 controllers... (on topic being DS3 related and off topic the mention of a steam related device) It's kinda like the pairing with scptoolkit (plug the usb cable to the link, press the PS button on the ds3, unplug the cable and press the PS button again and the controller is paired) wonder if any of that might be useful information somehow.

Cheers
FWIW, the latest version of Fireshock doesn't work for me. It causes Lilypad to crash when the dialog is opened so PCSX2 can't be used either.
What are the advatages of this software compared to scptoolkit?
Sorry for the long silence; I'm currently very busy with major changes I'll publish this month.
I'm able to get it installed with no trouble, but the button mappings in PCSX2 are all over the place.

L1 = Up

R1 = Right

R2, L2, Start and select = increments on L-stick and R-stick

Not sure what I've done wrong here, haha