First 60 FPS video and some website news
I'm proud to announce our first 60 FPS youtube video (and possibly the first 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 2 video on the internet), after 60 FPS videos got enabled a couple of days ago. The gameplay has been recorded with the 60 FPS patch from our forum members and at 6x native resolution. It's not as smooth as the original file, but still you can finally see how lovely it looks on PCSX2 without frame dropping!
All our youtube videos from now on will be 50/60 FPS!

Keep in mind that for now, 60 FPS videos only work on Google Chrome!

I've been working the past weeks on upgrading our website to the latest version of Joomla and on the way decided to also redesign it as I didn't like how it ended up last time. I've already used many of the ideas posted in the last redesign thread on our forum, I've fixed a few stuff that were buggy, reduced both CSS and javascript and finally got themes working Smile It's still pretty bad code wise but I've done my best to improve it and will keep at it.

I'm not sure when it will be done, but it might be synchronized with a server wide upgrade of our linux OS as well, to reduce downtime.

After the main page is done, I will move on to updating mybb to the latest 1.8 version, although I'm still waiting for the software to be mature. 1.8 was extremely buggy, 1.8.1 is better but still not good enough so I hope with the next 1.8.2 release I will be able to start working on it (and a new custom theme it seems Tongue )

Special note for our forum users: If you're up to helping with the site redesign, with testing, ideas, feedback or photoshop skills, you are welcome to PM me. CSS/HTML knowledge to help with some issues would be even better Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Nice!

I think the site looks fine, apart from the logo in the top-left which I think which looks a little amateurish.

On Reddit, looks of people complained that PCSX2 (and emulators in general) are too difficult to set up and get working.

http://pcsx2.net/config-guide.html

This looks extremely intimidating for some people. A simplification of this would be great.

http://pcsx2.net/getting-started.html

The grammar here could be improved a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plo8rMytBNg

I also noticed this configuration guide doesn't talk about widescreen patches.

And some of the videos on the YouTube channel (mainly the older ones) are also non-widescreen patched or have "running on PCSX2 0.9.9 SVN" in the title which may encourage people to download old revisions because there are STILL PEOPLE WHO DOWNLOAD OLD VERSIONS LIKE 0.9.8. FOR SOME REASON. And there are STILL PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE WIDESCREEN PATCHES. Wacko

How would you feel about deleting some of the older videos?

When PCSX2 1.4.0. is ready to be released, we should make sure that "Enable Widescreen Patches" is enabled by default.
Consider changing "CDVD" to something noob-friendly like "Game", and "Boot CDVD" to "Boot Game".
And again, changing the background to something newer and perhaps include the version number on it to remind people of the version they're using.

[Image: x7ngg.jpg]

I also think we should change the default plugin from Lilypad to Pokopom for the sake of instant Xinput ready to go.
Yeah that's why I made the configuration guide video and we also got the quick start guide.

The video was made with the 1.0.0 release, WS didn't exist then Tongue

Well older videos indeed are like that but since they got lots of views they show up higher in search results, making it easier for people to discover PCSX2, which is our main goal with videos, so I think we should keep em (but I'm planning on revisiting them with 1080p, WS patches and now 60 FPS)

About the logo, I agree that it's not that nice. I'll have to talk to the rest of the team if we're gonna change it..
Didn't the PCSX2 channel already have games at full speed? (at 720p/1080p too at that).

Either way, awesome video regardless. Hope to see more. Smile

If anything I can maybe provide videos for you too if necessary.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yeah but youtube always downsampled all videos to 24 fps. Now the limitation is gone (for chrome at least)
I'll start recording some more gameplay now that school is letting up a bit.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Hopefully, they will work on Firefox soon.
(11-01-2014, 07:32 PM)Bositman Wrote: About the logo, I agree that it's not that nice. I'll have to talk to the rest of the team if we're gonna change it..

I told you that in the staff thread. Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
There might still be people who don't use widescreens. It is best to leave it optional but in visible spot.
(11-01-2014, 10:11 PM)Game Wrote: There might still be people who don't use widescreens. It is best to leave it optional but in visible spot.

Leave what optional? Edit: Oh WS patches. They could get auto enabled if aspect ratio is set to 16:9 in the GS I guess so everyone is happy.