First 60 FPS video and some website news
(11-02-2014, 10:14 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hey, don't get me wrong. I love the WS patches and use them always. I'm just saying SOME people don't. Some people prefer the original experience, some people prefer a beefed up experience.

With an emulator, it's always best to have "options." Forcing it either way is not a good idea.

Yeah yeah, I know. Rolleyes

Having it defaulted to widescreen patches isn't necessarily "forcing" since all it takes is one click to disable them if someone wants to. But I think it makes sense to have them enabled by default by now.

There are lots of people who DO want widescreen patches but have had difficulty enabling them, so having widescreen patches enabled and working on the get-go would save trouble for them.

Sponsored links

Maybe it could be something in the initial wizard:

Would you like to enable widescreen patches? Doing so will enable games to display in native 16:9 format.

or something. Or like Bosit said, enable them when GSdx aspect is set to 16:9
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't quite get it but some people don't even like graphical enhancements. They want to play the games in their original forms.

By the way, Resident Evil HD Remaster supports both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Some enhanced remakes like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary even have the ability to toggle between the improved and classic modes.

(11-02-2014, 10:50 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Or like Bosit said, enable them when GSdx aspect is set to 16:9

I think when the user selects 16:9 aspect ratio and the widescreen patches are disabled, there should be a dialog asking the user if they want to enable them.
well when will it be 60fps for firefox since i hate chrome.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hopefully soon, but knowing Google they won't be focusing on Firefox anytime soon and instead continue on improving their 'own product'.

This is basically a huge kick to Firefox's ass saying "Ha we can run 60 FPS on Chrome now keke"
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Well it's about freakin time Google supports that.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
I am Chrome fanboy so it suits me Wink
Widescreen patches do mess with games quite heavily and for that reason, they should not be enabled by default or by uninformed one time choice.
I agree they can be made more visible (somehow, ideas?) but the default should have them disabled, even if the user sets any other aspect ratios.
I think both the widescreen patch and cheat options should be in the config menu, rather than system
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-04-2014, 11:27 PM)rama Wrote: Widescreen patches do mess with games quite heavily and for that reason, they should not be enabled by default or by uninformed one time choice.
I agree they can be made more visible (somehow, ideas?) but the default should have them disabled, even if the user sets any other aspect ratios.

I think a good idea is to expand on what I said:

Something pops up during the initial config wizard. You could explain at that time that they can cause issues.

As well as this, we can catch the condition of GSdx set to 16:9 and widescreen patches disabled, and throw the same/similar popup.

That's my idea.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD