First 60 FPS video and some website news
Not even the logo? Tongue

If you haven't made a new background for the emulator yet, I'd like to do a mockjob using the new logo.

Sponsored links

You can show the logo but no one has agreed it is what we will be using. Just don't use links.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I like the new logo, FWIW. Way better!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
how did this thread get so off topic
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Firefox is close to getting 60 FPS playback apparently.

Right now MSE & H264 isn't fully supported yet, but in the Nightly 34.0 buids you can add a new boolean in about:config; media.mediasource.ignore_codecs and this will unlock the options 1080p60 and 720p60.

I've tested it in 33.0, but sadly it doesn't work there yet. The options appear but the video won't play yet. Haven't tested it in 34 yet.

Well it's good news regardless. Apparently Google is forcing people to use HTML5 in 33.0 and above, so these functions will have to be enabled soon, otherwise users are stuck with 720p only.
Means the people that don't use Chrome should be able to enjoy the 60 FPS videos soon.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(11-05-2014, 11:32 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Apparently Google is forcing people to use HTML5 in 33.0 and above, so these functions will have to be enabled soon, otherwise users are stuck with 720p only.

I'm using Firefox 33.0.2 and I can use Flash. If you use HTML5, setting media.mediasource.enabled to true will add MSE & WebM VP9 support.
So apparently I screwed up somewhere when recording and the 60 fps patch wasn't on. Remade the video, please check it again. Should be way better now Smile (on 60 fps ofcourse)
(11-08-2014, 07:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: So apparently I screwed up somewhere when recording and the 60 fps patch wasn't on. Remade the video, please check it again. Should be way better now Smile (on 60 fps ofcourse)

i can see the difference. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hi!

New here, trying to learn more about how this works. This 60fps patch what I understand lowers the fps in the game to (half or is it 60fps?) and also you change the base framerate to the double(200%) making the game run in 60fps. Is it meant for people that got 40-50fps that then gets the double(80-100fps) from changing the base framerate then having the patch lowering it to 60fps? Becuase for someone that can run 60fps stable with or without the patch this would not make a diffrence if I am correct?

If you got a link about it let me know, then you dont need to explain I will just read me to the information. Smile
The patch almost doubles the processing power you need to run the game at full (external) 60 FPS. If you don't get full speed now, with the patch while it will internally try to run at 60 fps, externally it will run much slower, so I wouldn't recommend it. The easiest way is to try it and see.