First Time Using Emulator Need help please!
I suck with computers etc I just learned what BIOS was today lmao. Somehow I did manage to get the game to work (Dragon ball z Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3)

But I'm a little confused.

The games run very slowly during gameplay yet when I play Games that are not being played through PCSX2 those games run fine. Games such as Need for speed most wanted and even FIFA 14. If FIFA 14 works perfectly why is a ps2 game giving me trouble? Is there a way to change settings in the PCSX2 system or something? I don't mind playing with crappy quality as long as the lag stops.

Sponsored links

(07-05-2014, 06:42 AM)thatnewguy Wrote: I suck with computers etc I just learned what BIOS was today lmao. Somehow I did manage to get the game to work (Dragon ball z Budokai 3 and Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3)

But I'm a little confused.

The games run very slowly during gameplay yet when I play Games that are not being played through PCSX2 those games run fine. Games such as Need for speed most wanted and even FIFA 14. If FIFA 14 works perfectly why is a ps2 game giving me trouble? Is there a way to change settings in the PCSX2 system or something? I don't mind playing with crappy quality as long as the lag stops.
What are your specs
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-05-2014, 10:11 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Thank You.

The dude barely knows whats a bios and you ask him this ? smh...
(07-05-2014, 04:07 PM)biosolids Wrote: The dude barely knows whats a bios and you ask him this ? smh...

We can't help without them. Also if you can't find basic info on your pc then yo u probablt won't be able to set up the emulator anyways.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-05-2014, 04:07 PM)biosolids Wrote: The dude barely knows whats a bios and you ask him this ? smh...

This is your first post and you cant prevent yourself from being useless ?
Have a warning for spamming.
(07-05-2014, 10:11 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Sorry for the late reply guys, it was late at night and I fell asleep

I have Widnows 7 on my PC

SPECS:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz
RAM : 8 GB then it says 3.25GB usable

I believe my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5400 series

I have PCSX2 version 1.0.0

I left the settings in configuration as default and I am trying to play Dragon ball z Budokai 3 and Dragonball z Budokai Tenkachi 3 both through ISO
The CPU is rather old and slow for PCSX2. Your best bet is to do these things:

Config->emulation settings-> speedhacks tab.

Enable MTVU. Set EE cycle rate hack slider to 3.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh, and of course, update pcsx2 since your version is old and unsupported
^ Oh yeah this too Tongue
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD