First time user, need help please!
Yeah, but don't use them, Phenom II can only use the SSE2 plugins.

Sponsored links

ok, well i don't know what else to do. As i said im new to using this program. Not sure how to fine tune it like advanced users
Read these threads Undead Smile

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide
Already read those lol as stated in my first post that is what i used to setup my PCSX2. Anyone else have any general performance optimizations for PCSX2 that i could try?
Actually what could help the most are the EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing speedhacks. MTVU may help a little or break the game at once (sorry I can't talk about those games specifically), still worth a try.

Although the specs are on the lower side for most demanding games you should get playable results in many games with the above hacks alone. Keep in mind that some games are just too demanding and will not play at full speed at all without serious "compromises", like eventual sound synchronism loss, perceptible lag while the FPS is high and so on... if the speedhacks are too high.

PS: About the plugins, is correct that SSE2 is the highest you can use with the Phenom II, but then, would not exist significant gain to make a game playable if it is not already with SSE2.
Imagination is where we are truly real
ok thanks for that Keleh, ill mess with those settings. I just now noticed the Preset thing at the bottom. I set the slider to 5 and now Fatal Frame is perfectly playable Smile Siren still lags a lot when i go in foggy areas but outside of that it plays fine as well. Does playing from an actual PS2 disc have a big performance difference than just running from iso? sorry for so many questions, just trying to get used to the program.
It does not affect game "performance" at all, but playing from DVD WILL cause some 1-2s freezes whenever disc stops spinning and game needs to read new stuff of it - which is irritating. It's also not worth abusing pc dvd-rom/rw drive couse althrough much faster from ps2 ones they weren't really designed with constant use in mind which will simply shorten their life;p - some drives can can have some settings like speed and spindown time changed which will make them pretty much just like ps2 one and allow play directly from dvd without any problems, but why even bother considering modern hdd's size;p.
I just tried WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and man it runs terrible lol. Everything is in slow motion even though it says the frame rate is staying above 40
speedhacks tend to fake fps counter.
that's why ....
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-22-2013, 01:18 AM)miseru99 Wrote: It does not affect game "performance" at all, but playing from DVD WILL cause some 1-2s freezes whenever disc stops spinning and game needs to read new stuff of it - which is irritating. It's also not worth abusing pc dvd-rom/rw drive couse althrough much faster from ps2 ones they weren't really designed with constant use in mind which will simply shorten their life;p - some drives can can have some settings like speed and spindown time changed which will make them pretty much just like ps2 one and allow play directly from dvd without any problems, but why even bother considering modern hdd's size;p.

hell, why bother consider the modern day flash drive's size