Fix for ATV Offroad Fury 2?
I was able to get this one to work without the artifacts you're seeing, there is an issue with maps with water looking like there's water on the map when there isn't but the game is fully playable, looks pretty good and I'm finally hitting 60 fps, I was bogged down in 30-40 with 0.9.8.

Here's what I needed to set:

System -> Automatic Gamefixes checked.
Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speedhacks: EE and VU set to 3, all boxes checked.
Config -> Emulation Settings -> Game Fixes: Cleared checkbox for manual game fixes. PCSX2 crashes ingame otherwise.
Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings: Renderer: Direct3D9 (Software), Native Resolution, 4 Rendering threads. Enable AA1 if you've got the FPS headroom, it makes it look much closer to the console version.

On maps with water like Prospect Springs, your log will get bombarded with these messages:

Code:
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0020] [42]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0028] [43]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0030] [44]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0038] [45]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0040] [46]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0048] [47]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0050] [48]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0058] [49]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0060] [4a]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0068] [4b]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0070] [4c]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0078] [4d]

It doesn't happen on maps without water like Tioga Valley. The result is kind of a foggy effect but it's still certainly playable.

Good luck!

Sponsored links

Hmm, might be quite difficult to debug
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-09-2015, 04:36 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Hmm, might be quite difficult to debug

The debugging is over my head, I'm afraid. I know some C++ but not enough to meaningfully contribute to the project yet. Just thought I'd report what I was seeing in the meantime.
Also, don't max out speedhacks. That causes more slowdowns than speedups.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thanks for the advice, I'll go through them and find the optimal set before I put it up on the wiki.
First of all try putting the speedhack sliders back to the lowest setting, see if the error still happens, if it does, try using SuperVU's under the VU tab rather than microVU and see if the problem goes away. Bumping both speedhack sliders up to 3 rarely does any good.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I think the water artifacting is the only noticeable issue with this game. It happens exclusively in hardware mode, but there is a workaround
(09-09-2015, 02:53 PM)refraction Wrote: First of all try putting the speedhack sliders back to the lowest setting, see if the error still happens, if it does, try using SuperVU's under the VU tab rather than microVU and see if the problem goes away. Bumping both speedhack sliders up to 3 rarely does any good.

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but the water artifacting issue is kinda solved by switching from hardware mode to software mode then BACK to hardware mode. Albeit, water no longer renders, but it's definitely something to note (see attached screenshots). Not sure if it matters, but this water issue does not occur with any other Offroad Fury titles. Any thoughts, Refraction?

(09-09-2015, 04:29 AM)bluesoul Wrote: On maps with water like Prospect Springs, your log will get bombarded with these messages:

Code:
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0020] [42]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0028] [43]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0030] [44]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0038] [45]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0040] [46]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0048] [47]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0050] [48]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0058] [49]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0060] [4a]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0068] [4b]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0070] [4c]
microVU1 Warning: Exiting... Block started with illegal opcode. [0078] [4d]

It doesn't happen on maps without water like Tioga Valley. The result is kind of a foggy effect but it's still certainly playable.

Good luck!

These warnings shouldn't occur on the latest development build , give them a try.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-23-2015, 02:23 PM)ssakash Wrote: These warnings shouldn't occur on the latest development build , give them a try.

Yeah the errors no longer happen, but the crazy water glitching still stands Sad