Fixing newly compatible issue
Good afternoon all,

I just received a request to update the PCSX2 program, in which I approved of the request.  Now, I'm running the PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.4592 version.  All good, right?  Not so much.  I tried opening one of my games, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to be exact, and I have a pop-up letter displaying: 

"Cannot load this savestate.  The state is an unsupported version.  Option 1: Download and older PCSX2 version from the pcsx2.net and make a memcard save like on the physical PS2.  Option 2: Delete the savestates." 

I didn't make a note of what the original PCSX2 version was when the game was operating so I can't exactly search for the exact one.  Is there a setting that can be toggled or a bypass for this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(06-19-2023, 06:52 AM)MattyAvy86 Wrote: I didn't make a note of what the original PCSX2 version was when the game was operating so I can't exactly search for the exact one.  Is there a setting that can be toggled or a bypass for this?

no.
you have been warned, and ignored the warning...
so be it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The warning is there in the update notes, use in-game saves for long term storage instead of save states as those should always be compatible.

But also figure out the date your safestate is from and try a version from dailies around that date.