Fixing unplayable games
Haven't read the whole thread and it's been a year since i posted but i wonder if there is a way to make WRC 4 work nowadays. Seems like it's one of the 3 games that don't work at all in the emulator, according to the compatibility list...
i5 4670
16 GB RAM
GTX 960 2GB
Windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

Why are you so "worried" that one game or two don't work if you aren't even playing them or trying to play them?? If you are so "worried" then become a developer, join the team and fix the game yourself. The developers of the emulator have done a very good job creating and improving the emulator all these years so that many of us can happily play our favorite old console games in our PCs and with much better graphics. So show some respect and gratitude for them and if those games don't work there must be a valid reason. I'm pretty sure they will tell the reason if someone really and specifically WANTS to play one of those games.
Patch for Musashi Samurai Legend[SLUS 20983] (U)

It gets rid of few effects, reduces the dreaded white fog like effect and may help in clearing unplayable areas.

Attached Files
.zip   Musashi Samurai Legend[SLUS 20983] (U).zip (Size: 364 bytes / Downloads: 496)
(08-26-2017, 11:20 AM)prafull Wrote: Patch for Musashi Samurai Legend[SLUS 20983] (U)

It gets rid of few effects, reduces the dreaded white fog like effect and may help in clearing unplayable areas.

Thank you very much , the white rays really trouble for years in the game and finally it was clear and playable . Biggrin
I will replay the game again , hope not to encounter any fog and mist white screen.It had been 7 years , not to mention it is just as simple as disable some effect helps the game playthrough.
And also , setting the VU mode to none and nearest helps too.
Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

edited:
I tested out the , weird the water where at the fountain and watterfall jungle area are missing does the cheat remove the water area ?
Enable both patch=1,EE,001472f0,word,03e00008 remove all effect but game srach when battling with enemy.
The patch=1,EE,001473dc,word,00000000 works but somehow water fall effect is missing
(08-26-2017, 03:00 PM)ps2fm Wrote: Thank you very much , the white rays really trouble for years in the game and finally it was clear and playable . Biggrin
I will replay the game again , hope not to encounter any fog and mist white screen.It had been 7 years , not to mention it is just as simple as disable some effect helps the game playthrough.
And also , setting the VU mode to none and nearest helps too.
Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

edited:
I tested out the , weird the water where at the fountain and watterfall jungle area are missing does the cheat remove the water area ?
Enable both patch=1,EE,001472f0,word,03e00008 remove all effect but game srach when battling with enemy.
The patch=1,EE,001473dc,word,00000000 works but somehow water fall effect is missing
Yes, I noticed missing water fall effect. Many other effects are also missing. May be I can improve the patch after investigating the game more but it's low priority right now.
NTSC-J

Musashiden II - Blade Master

Attached Files
.pnach   F0E90890.pnach (Size: 321 bytes / Downloads: 427)
(08-26-2017, 03:06 PM)prafull Wrote: Yes, I noticed missing water fall effect. Many other effects are also missing. May be I can improve the patch after investigating the game more but it's low priority right now.

Thank you , hope to hear if you can improve the patch.I don't mind waiting as long as it is being fix , hopefully you can fully patch it. Smile
Any guide where I can learn about fixing the patch too ? , hope I can help to speed up the fix.

(08-27-2017, 12:26 AM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-J

Musashiden II - Blade Master
Do you have any patch on NTSC-U ? Smile
Here is the debugger just as soon as the game crashes.

001FCC98 is an address that I see pop up all the time during game play and when the game crashes. After analysing the debugger, I found that it's branched to twice. Both branches have the same instruction. Would this make a difference to game play? Would it contribute to crashes or something? I'm not an expert at assembly language by the way, so this reply is open for criticism  Biggrin
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
I'm seeing this function in the debugger literally every time the game crashes (along with 'Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [8]' in the console). It might not mean anything but it's worth a mention:

Here's that same function's position in the debugger:

Doing anything to this function seems to crash the game or the emulator, keep in mind. Its value is 0xFFFFFFFF. If I understand correctly, that value is either positive or negative depending on how the processor handles it. I might be wrong, but it could have a part to play.

I also see this function quite often too:

That function also has a value of 0xFFFFFFFF. I see it pop up when the game is running, mostly when you load a save, or if you go through a door and the game has to load. But then I sometimes see it when the game crashes. Here's the function's position in the debugger:

There's tons of that same function, and any one of them can pop up with a value of 0xFFFFFFFF. 
I find it strange how these two functions are the only ones I see with such an odd value, and yet they both appear when the game crashes.

I'm mostly concerned about the first function though. The only time I ever see that is when the game crashes, and it always has that value. The other function(s) are a bit more flexible; sometimes they appear on a crash, sometimes they don't, but they always seem to have the same value.
Maybe it could mean something. But like I said, it's worth a mention.
Intel i5 4460 @ 3.20 GHz,
GTX 1050 Ti,
8GB RAM,
And some other gubbins that make things work.
Weird, the last 3 pages of this thread have disappeared??? Did somebody delete their posts?? WTF