Fixing unplayable games
Hi Prafull, I have three questions

1) Wouldn't it be a great idea to move this "Tools/Applications/Homebrew" and pin it there? Since I feel it would be a better place for this thread, as it would be with other patches. Or we could leave it "General Discussion and Support" and just pin it. I'm surprised this topic hasn't been pinned yet.

2) Can you please port the Prisoner of Azkaban patch to NTSC-U? Then I can put it on widescreen requests.

3) Can you please update the master list? It doesn't have either of the Harry Potter patches, and maybe more.

Sponsored links

(05-08-2018, 12:11 PM)Devina Wrote: Hi Prafull, I have three questions

1) Wouldn't it be a great idea to move this "Tools/Applications/Homebrew" and pin it there? Since I feel it would be a better place for this thread, as it would be with other patches. Or we could leave it "General Discussion and Support" and just pin it. I'm surprised this topic hasn't been pinned yet.

2) Can you please port the Prisoner of Azkaban patch to NTSC-U? Then I can put it on widescreen requests.

3) Can you please update the master list? It doesn't have either of the Harry Potter patches, and maybe more.

1) I think this thread should stay in General Discussion and Support. I can pin it but there are already 5 pinned topics and 6 seems like a overkill to me. Anyway, if other members are also in for it then I can pin this thread.

2) NTSC-U version has got same crc (51E019BC) and the same patch should work for it.

3) Master list already got harry potter chamber of secrets and other patches in this thread (March 16 commit). I think we should wait to add this patch because it needs specific m-bit build. Once Refraction merges those m-bit changes then we can merge this patch too.
Patch for Freaky Flyers [SLUS 20284] (U)

This patch fixes hangs ingame (needs testing) . Although this should work with default settings, VU round mode negative is recommended as it gets rid of some messed up effects.

Attached Files
.zip   Freaky Flyers [SLUS 20284] (U).zip (Size: 365 bytes / Downloads: 192)
Patch for Freaky Flyers [SLES 50713] (E)

This PAL version patch is untested but I assume it should work.

Attached Files
.zip   Freaky Flyers [SLES 50713] (E).zip (Size: 364 bytes / Downloads: 156)
I will create a PR when the Freaky Flyers patch is ready, about the Viffifo hack for Petz Horsez, the game loaded a bit further with it but yeah, your patch make it playable so I will remove it.
I tested Hary Poter Chamber of secrets (Coca cola JAP demo) and I am getting some non-fatal TLB misses and VIF unknown CMD errors during MemoryCard check screen and in loading screen, is this expected?

Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [40]
Vif1: Unknown VifCmd! [3c]
(EE pc:001F6E94) TLB Miss, addr=0x4 [load]
(EE pc:001F70D4) TLB Miss, addr=0x11 [load]
(EE pc:001F70D4) TLB Miss, addr=0x9 [load]
Proper patches for Ruff Trigger [SLES 54021] (E) & Iridium Runners [SLUS 21697] (U)

Both games seem totally playable now without any major issues.

Attached Files
.zip   Iridium Runners [SLUS 21697] (U).zip (Size: 308 bytes / Downloads: 190)
.zip   Ruff Trigger [SLES 54021] (E).zip (Size: 301 bytes / Downloads: 223)
Prafull, I have a request for you. The game "Savage Skies" need the EE cache when going ingame, is it possible to patch it like Ace Age 2?
Savage Skies can't be patched unfortunately. The EE cache is necessary for the game's loading operations to complete successfully. Without the cache, you'll get a bus error.and hang.
Fix for black screen in Metal Slug Anthology while loading MS6. Require patch=0 because disc use more elfs with the same entry point. Patch not affecting other games from collection. 

CRC=F5625D83
GameID=SLUS_215.50

Code:
comment=Use loadImageAndReboot instead of flushCache, for game loader.

patch=0,EE,00189c24,word,0c061dd2